A Changing Perspective

Last week my friend Liz wrote a blog post about her eyes, about how her vision changes over time and how the need for her glasses increases or decreases. It got me thinking. My vision changes, too. It has changed and is changing right now. I'm not referring to my physical eyesight, but rather my eternal perspective. It's been a gradual thing, but I'm amazed at how some things that were so important to me a year ago, or even six months ago, just aren't anymore. I'm learning that as my desire to do the Lord's will increases, my willingness to do those things I don't really want to do increases as well and then, eventually, those things become things I want to do, not just because I know I'm supposed to, but because I've caught the vision and want to. (Was that a run-on sentence or what?!) This is how my perspective changes. The important things become more important and the things that aren't just kind of fade away. So, here's to 2010 and me doing what I need to do.

This is one of those rambling posts that probably doesn't make sense to anyone else, but it makes sense to me, in my own twisted little mind. I guess that's what counts. I'll close this post with an interesting quote I saw on Jackie's blog the other day. I think it applies to each of us at one point or another. "Why do we do what we do, when we know what know?"

Comments

Liz said…
Love it! and Jackie's quote is so true. It makes you think a lot more about things. Maybe it should be posted somewhere where we can read it lots.
Tami said…
Yes, I may post that quote in my side bar in the near future.
Stacey Irwin said…
Great post. It must show that your growing! go you! and really as long is it all makes sense to you, what else matters!
Love the quote by the way!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House