Inspiration???

Have you ever felt as though you were prompted to do something, something big, something that maybe you didn't want to do?

And then, when you get to the point where you feel like you can follow that prompting you pray about it, and for strength, etc., and then it seems as if the prompting has fizzled a bit and isn't as strong as it was before so you're left wondering what you should do?

Have you ever had this happen to you?

So then, you keep praying about it, and you don't get "a stupor of thought" but you don't feel that confirmation that you're seeking either and you don't know which choice to make.

Am I alone here? Has this ever happened to you when you have a deadline?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has ever experienced this. I know I must "wait patiently on the Lord", but, well, patience isn't really one of my strengths. And, I have a deadline.

So, I guess I'll just keep being patient and the deadline may come and go....but really, what other choice do I have?

Sorry, folks. Just needed to blow off a little spiritual steam here.

Comments

The Full Nelson said…
I don't think you're alone, especially if it's something you're not 100% keen on anyway. Hope that you receive your prompting (either way) before the deadline.
Christy Jones said…
I think sometimes the lord is teaching us. I have had promptings that were so strong but changed with time. Sometimes with some things there is no right answere so there is no strong feeling either way. good luck and I hope it works out.
Unknown said…
hrrrrm, I think it's best to just push the deadline if it's that important.. that's right, who just scored an "I read my wife's blog" brownie point.
-brent
Tarbet Times said…
Does Brent have a blog of his own? Good luck with your decision. I personally think that I ignore my promptings too easily and I never seem to learn to just quiet down and really listen. Patience is not my strong point either.
Stacey Irwin said…
oh girl.. yes, yes, yes and yes... And quite frankly I seem to be on a roll with having "muddled" feelings and thoughts. It is a bit frustrating isn't it? I wish I could help you with a way to get the loud and clears.
Hey, Maybe you should go with your first strong feeling towards your question??!!
Okay... I don't really know.
Claudine said…
Tami. I really know that feeling.
I'm stuck waiting for an answer. I pray every night for what I hope to happen...and yet I know I'm not meant to know. I just have to wait and see.
But I don't have a deadline...which makes it either good or bad.

But I do agree with Brent. Sometimes deadlines have to be pushed to make things work. All things work out in the end though.
Liz said…
I hear you. It seems that some answers change as time goes on. Who knows what circumstances may have happened in the lives of others that may have been affected by that initial decision. I hope that you are able to receive confirmation one way or the other. At least you know we are all here for you.
Tami said…
Hi! I love the pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away