My Aspirations
I don't like New Year's resolutions. I don't have anything against setting goals, I think that's a great thing and I love goals. I don't like the word "resolution". Dictionary.com defines "resolution" as "to come to a firm decision", "determine to do something". Yes, when setting and attempting to reach goals, one must do these things, but to me, it just sounds harsh, like there's no wiggle room and if one does not succeed, one is a failure. And when we feel like we've failed at something, we are less likely to try again.
So this year, I'm not going to resolve to do anything; instead, I'm going to aspire. The definition of "aspire" is "to long, aim, or seek ambitiously; be eagerly desirous", "to strive", "to soar", "to desire strongly". So that's what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna strive and soar and seek and aim.
Here is a partial list of things for which I'm going to aspire;
1. Learn how to be patient. Ummm.....okay, maybe that one's not realistic, let's try another.
2. Increase my willpower. (Post coming on this topic at a later date.)
3. Attend the temple at least 25 times this year. (For 2009 I challenged myself to attend twice per month. I did it. I've had some great experiences and I've grown a lot. So this year I'll shoot for one extra session. The reason I worded this goal as "25 times" instead of "twice per month" is because the Logan temple will be closed for the month of January and I can't make it to Ogden, do a session and make it back in time for the Kindergarten bus. So, there will be a few months that I'll have to go 3 times. That's okay.)
4. Start a new blog. I'm super excited about this one. Actually, I've got the new blog all set up and ready to go, except for the fact that I haven't posted anything yet. I'm still trying to define and decide what I want this new blog to be. I know it will be a "creative" blog of sorts, but the specifics are alluding me. I'm open to suggestions on this one, please leave comments!
5. I can't post this one. My kids read this blog. But, it's something I'm gonna try to do 2-3 times per week....we'll see how long it lasts.
So these are a few of my aspirations, what are yours?
Happy New Year!
So this year, I'm not going to resolve to do anything; instead, I'm going to aspire. The definition of "aspire" is "to long, aim, or seek ambitiously; be eagerly desirous", "to strive", "to soar", "to desire strongly". So that's what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna strive and soar and seek and aim.
Here is a partial list of things for which I'm going to aspire;
1. Learn how to be patient. Ummm.....okay, maybe that one's not realistic, let's try another.
2. Increase my willpower. (Post coming on this topic at a later date.)
3. Attend the temple at least 25 times this year. (For 2009 I challenged myself to attend twice per month. I did it. I've had some great experiences and I've grown a lot. So this year I'll shoot for one extra session. The reason I worded this goal as "25 times" instead of "twice per month" is because the Logan temple will be closed for the month of January and I can't make it to Ogden, do a session and make it back in time for the Kindergarten bus. So, there will be a few months that I'll have to go 3 times. That's okay.)
4. Start a new blog. I'm super excited about this one. Actually, I've got the new blog all set up and ready to go, except for the fact that I haven't posted anything yet. I'm still trying to define and decide what I want this new blog to be. I know it will be a "creative" blog of sorts, but the specifics are alluding me. I'm open to suggestions on this one, please leave comments!
5. I can't post this one. My kids read this blog. But, it's something I'm gonna try to do 2-3 times per week....we'll see how long it lasts.
So these are a few of my aspirations, what are yours?
Happy New Year!
Comments
From,
Brittany
P.S. Yes, your child Brittany