No Cast
Brittany had an appointment with the orthopedic today. He opted to keep her leg in the splint rather than going for the plaster cast. Casts that must cover the heel, which is what Brittany would require, often result in nasty skin sores on the heel. Since Brittany is diabetic, she is at a slightly higher risk for skin issues. The doc removed the splint that she got at Instacare and put on a new one. The wrappings on the new splint are much more attractive than the previous ones. The new splint is shorter than the old one, it only reaches mid-thigh rather than the top of her thigh. This will make bathroom trips much easier. Brittany will go back to the doctor in a week and a half for a check-up and again a week and a half after that. She'll also have more x-rays taken and if, by the second check-up, things have progressed well enough, she'll trade the splint for a boot. I'm hoping it can really happen this fast, please send prayers our way. Brit will be out of school for a while, I think she'll be too uncomfortable sitting at a desk all day. She informed me she could sit on the floor and be just fine, but that's not gonna happen.
Brittany had a really good day yesterday. Today has been a different story. The boredom has set in and she's grouchy and miserable. She would love visitors or phone calls or even emails. I'm toying with the idea of letting her start up her own blog, which would be very closely monitored and supervised by yours truly.....I'm still thinking on that one, so we'll see.
Brittany had a really good day yesterday. Today has been a different story. The boredom has set in and she's grouchy and miserable. She would love visitors or phone calls or even emails. I'm toying with the idea of letting her start up her own blog, which would be very closely monitored and supervised by yours truly.....I'm still thinking on that one, so we'll see.
Comments
I can't imagine this being a whole lot of fun for you either, trying to keep her comfortable and happy and helpful.
But yay she didn't have to cast it!
Let us know how she's dong and what the Dr. says.
Here's wishing you what every one is wishing for you,
a speedy recovery!
I have been reading your mom's wonderful blog for some time,
& decided to delurk just to wish you health!
Cheers!