Yesterday

We all have bad days, days that just seem to start bad and get worse. Yesterday was one of those days for me. Seriously, the sh** just kept hitting the fan. I mentioned a few "highlights" on facebook yesterday. But wait, facebook buddies, don't leave now, things actually got worse after I updated my status. This is a long post, sit back and maybe you'll get a chuckle from it. Maybe some day I will too.

Let's back up to Thursday night. Brooky didn't feel good but went to bed anyway. Around midnight she came upstairs with a horrible stomachache, spent some time in the bathroom and then camped on the floor in our bedroom. She was up and down to the bathroom several times. At some point between midnight and 4, Damon came in, said he'd had a bad dream and could he sleep with us. Sure, Buddy, on the floor. So four of our five family members, plus the dog, slept in our bedroom Thursday night. I told Brent we could probably buy a smaller house if we're all going to sleep in the same room.

Back to my story. Brooky's up at 4:00 projectile puking her guts out. She did make it to the toilet, not that it mattered cuz I still had to wash the walls afterward. She finally settled down by about 4:45 and I'm up and off to the pool. That was probably the best part of my day, had a great workout, extra long to burn off the nearly whole bag of Hershey's Kisses I'd eaten the previous evening. (I'm not joking.)

So Damon is the only one going to school Friday morning, although by 8:00 Brooky was much better and wanted to go. I told her to shower and eat and see how she felt. She was fine so I took her to school the same time I took Brittany in so she could attend her class V-Day party. (Side note: Britt would really like to go to school all day but I just don't think she's ready so I've been taking her in here and there so she doesn't miss out on everything.)

After dropping the girls off, I ran to get some last minute things for the party in Brooky's class I would be helping with later on. Run back home, do a few things and by this time Damon gets of the bus absolutely beside himself in tears. He said the bus driver was really mean and got really mad at him because he tripped a little girl and he and the girl both fell in the snow but it was an accident. This bus driver isn't the most loving and kind bus driver (not that I would be either if I had to drive a bus full of kids for a living) so I call the district garage. The super there says he'll have the driver call me when she finishes her route. In the meantime, I call Little Girl's mom. Little Girl said Damon was trying to give her a hug and they both fell. She was mad because her leggings got wet but she wasn't hurt. Okay, no big deal there. Bus driver calls back and explains that from her point of view in the bus it looked as though Damon had pushed and she called out to him not to do that. I explained to the driver that Damon wasn't pushing and we sorted out the misunderstanding. I explain to Damon the misunderstanding and he's better and now it's time to pick up Britt and we're late. (By the way, Brittany informed me that she prefers to spell "Britt" with 2 "t's", not one. It's "Britt", not "Brit". I gotta get used to that.)

On my way off the bench, I pass the guy who is coming to my house to re-lay some carpet in the family room that had to be pulled up due to a minor flood a few weeks ago. He was early. I get Brittany, get home, the guy is sitting in the drive way. I tell him the front door is unlocked and to let himself in and I'd be right down. I get Brittany out of the car, hand her the crutches, turn back to the car to get her bag just as I hear her scream and fall. There was a minuscule wet spot on the floor of the garage that neither of us had noticed and she happened to put her crutch right on it. She cried, her leg was really hurting. I finally got her into the house, handed her a Lortab, told the carpet guy I had to leave again and to let himself out when he finished and I was off to Brooky's class party, for which I was a few minutes late.

I was in charge of BINGO. The kids were divided into groups and they rotated through several stations. Damon played BINGO with my group and got mad and cried every time he didn't win, which was every round we played.

I get home after the party and I've done practically nothing around the house that needed to be done. And I was exhausted, the 44-oz Diet Dew hadn't helped. I took a 20 minute cat nap and then jumped into my work. Brent had invited some people from work over to play Rock Band that evening and the basement needed some attention. When Brent got home he started helping and moved the treadmill and weights back to their spots where the carpet had been fixed. I go downstairs to vacuum and Brent says, "This carpet is really wet." Are you freaking kidding me?!! The carpet that had just been re-laid, like 4 hours ago?! I check. Yup, it's soaked. I call ARS, the guy finally shows up (and I'm gonna be charged their emergency fee because it was after hours, of course), does a little investigating and discovers the water dripping from the rain gutter, which is too close to the house because the guy I hired to install the gutters last fall is a complete idiot and didn't attach the extensions as I requested---twice!, is seeping right through the foundation. (Yesterday was a really warm day and we had a lot of snow melting. ARS guy tells us to get a gutter extension right away to prevent more water coming in and put some fans on the wet part for the weekend and maybe, if we're lucky, we won't have to pull up the carpet again next week. So I head out to buy extensions while Brent tries to soak up as much water as possible with towels. There is a brand new hardware store in the south end of the valley. I go there hoping to find what I need. I ask for rain gutter extensions. "Nope, we don't have those in yet. We'll get them soon because it's getting to be that time of year." No kidding! I head back to my car wondering if Walmart might have what I need. I call them first. The guy says, "We're just getting our Spring stuff out. Keep calling back and we'll tell you when we've got them." Thanks Buddy, but I need them now.

At that point I face the fact that I'm gonna have to drive through Friday night Logan traffic to get to Home Depot. Great. I get what I need, go home and head out to attach the extension. I'd really like to shoot that rain gutter guy. He attached the spout right next to the fence so I could just barely fit the extension on to the spout. I think it will work, though.....I hope.

I hope your day yesterday was better than mine. I'm sure things could have been worse, I'm trying to look on the bright side, here, but I'm not really sure what else could have gone wrong.

Comments

The Full Nelson said…
oh dear that does sound like the day from hell. Hopefully your weekend has been better!! Hope Britt's leg is doing alright after her fall, must have been scary!
Stacey Irwin said…
....... I'm swearing for you.. holy crap?!! I don't know weather to laugh or send you a IV full of Dt. dew. encourage you to help yourself to one of Britt's loratabs...and O.D on some nice junior mints. Oh I would also pick yourself out a nice roomy closet.. and see if you can't find your happy place for a bit!
I am SO Sorry. When it rains at your house... IT POURS! ( and no, that wasn't a crack you your nice new soaking wet carpet... that would have sent me over the edge.)
Well, hopefully you got a crappy week over in a day. And the rest of the week will be much much smoother.
you poor thing.
Anonymous said…
Tami!
Sounds like a CRAZY day! Those days I always wish I could just crawl back into bed and stay there until, well maybe, forever! Hope it has gotten better! Love ya!
Megan

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House