Birthday Madness

I am about to lose my mind. I cannot tell you how tired I am of hearing Damon talk about his upcoming birthday. It's two weeks from today, if you're wondering, and I've been hearing about it since early February. I got tired of him asking me, "How many more days til my birthday?" So I showed him how to mark off the days on his calendar so he could figure it out for himself. Yesterday he came home from school and the very first word out of his mouth had something to do with either the guest list for his party or where we would go out to eat, I can't remember which, it's all running together.

Another frequent question from Damon is, "Should we talk about my birthday?" Really, how much more is there to discuss? We've made the guest list, although he adds to it almost daily, I've got a list of games to play, he wants SpongeBob as his theme, and he's informed me (multiple times) of the gifts he hopes to get. A week ago he was ready to go deliver the invitations for his party. I haven't even bought them yet.

He's having a really hard time deciding if we're going out to dinner that night or if he wants to choose the menu at home. Yesterday he said we were gonna go to McDonalds for dinner, the one with the toys. Um, nope, we're not. I mean, if he really wants to go there to eat, then fine (gross!), but he won't be playing on that germ-infested indoor playground. Sometimes he says he wants to go to IHOP. If we stay home, his requests have ranged from cabbage (cobbage) to couscous, to rice, to green beans, to bone chicken. (I only use boneless skinless chicken breasts so a drumstick is a special treat for my kids.)

And then there's the cake....I'm not even gonna go there today.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's normal for little kids to get super excited for their birthdays, and honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way, but I'm looking forward to April 9.

Comments

The Full Nelson said…
too cute! not for you of course...Ethan has been going on about his birthday cake for a couple months now and his birthday isn't until August. I can only imagine what it will be like when there are parties and such!
Liz said…
I'm with her! Erin started planning her eighth birthday last August - for this August!

Ryan has just started into his planning phases about two or three months ago for the birthday at the end of august as well!

But in their defense, they are big birthdays- Erin turning eight and Ryan turning five and getting to go to school. Good luck!
Tarbet Times said…
Sounds like lots of fun for him. I hope all goes well and it meets his expectations!
I make a paper chain (like you make for Christmas Decorations) for my boys when a "big event" is coming up. They get to take a link off each day...then they can visually see how many days are left. We almost always have a chain going.
Oh, and Brenton is already talking about his 6th birthday, which is, January 10th 2011!
Princess Lisa said…
Just cancel his birthday! That'll teach him! My dad probably would've done that...

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House