Day 8
I am pleased to announce that I made it through the first week of the Kryptonite
challenge. I'm also happy to report that, thus far, it has been a little easier than I anticipated. I think that is largely due to the fact that I made a commitment to a group of people and I have a support group.
I was really nervous as this past weekend approached. Weekends are so hard because Brent and I love to stay up late watching movies or TV shows and we always over-indulge in our favorite treats/snacks. Speaking of Brent, he is always my biggest saboteur whenever I try to cut back on sweets. He is always bringing home cookies and other goodies for me and claims it's his way of showing affection. You know, some guys bring flowers, my husband brings cookies. And for those of you that don't know Brent very well, the treats he buys truly are for me, he doesn't claim they are for me and then eat them himself. He really doesn't like sweets.
This is hard, but I've noticed my cravings are not quite as intense. I'm also noticing that I just feel better and I actually have more energy for my early morning workouts. I feel much less guilty if I over-eat during meals because I know I'm not adding a ton of treats to my daily calorie intake like usual.
Brent asked why I'm doing this to myself. I tried to explain that it's a form of self-mastery; it's me being in control, but I don't think he really gets it. I only committed for one month so I'm done April 1. I'm not the type of person that can have just one bite of cake or just one piece of candy (or only one cookie) so I know that when I jump off the bandwagon I'll get my bad habits right back. I wish there were some way I could teach myself to be satisfied with just a little bit. But I don't work that way, if the junk is sitting around, I'm gonna eat it. That's why I had to go cold turkey with this challenge. For me, it's all or none.
challenge. I'm also happy to report that, thus far, it has been a little easier than I anticipated. I think that is largely due to the fact that I made a commitment to a group of people and I have a support group.
I was really nervous as this past weekend approached. Weekends are so hard because Brent and I love to stay up late watching movies or TV shows and we always over-indulge in our favorite treats/snacks. Speaking of Brent, he is always my biggest saboteur whenever I try to cut back on sweets. He is always bringing home cookies and other goodies for me and claims it's his way of showing affection. You know, some guys bring flowers, my husband brings cookies. And for those of you that don't know Brent very well, the treats he buys truly are for me, he doesn't claim they are for me and then eat them himself. He really doesn't like sweets.
This is hard, but I've noticed my cravings are not quite as intense. I'm also noticing that I just feel better and I actually have more energy for my early morning workouts. I feel much less guilty if I over-eat during meals because I know I'm not adding a ton of treats to my daily calorie intake like usual.
Brent asked why I'm doing this to myself. I tried to explain that it's a form of self-mastery; it's me being in control, but I don't think he really gets it. I only committed for one month so I'm done April 1. I'm not the type of person that can have just one bite of cake or just one piece of candy (or only one cookie) so I know that when I jump off the bandwagon I'll get my bad habits right back. I wish there were some way I could teach myself to be satisfied with just a little bit. But I don't work that way, if the junk is sitting around, I'm gonna eat it. That's why I had to go cold turkey with this challenge. For me, it's all or none.
Comments