Talking in the Temple
It's one of my pet peeves, when patrons just sit and chat in the temple. It drives me crazy and I think it's disrespectful. I'm talking about just sitting there shootin' the breeze, I don't mean the conversations that are essential for the temple work or for grasping a better understanding of what is taking place.
I typically attend a temple session every other Tuesday morning and it's usually quite crowded and the majority of those in attendance are elderly. It amazes me how chatty this older generation is, I would expect these people to be the quiet reverent ones, but they're not. My generation may be the ones who need to be reminded to turn off the cell phones upon entering the temple, but we're not the ones who need to be told to be quiet.
On one occasion, as I sat in the veil room awaiting my turn, I was forced to listen to three little and very old ladies discuss their homemade jam and the best places to get berries.
A week ago, as I sat in the Celestial room, I could not help but hear the "whispered" conversation of a husband and wife. I do not recall the details, but I do remember thinking that it was something they could have discussed on the ride home.
A couple of weeks ago there was a lady that seemed more intent on finding out if certain patrons were related to so and so or knew someone from such and such place than she was on contributing to a quiet and peaceful atmosphere.
I don't like people to talk to me when I'm in the temple. When I go, I look forward to the silence and the peace and the calm. It's an opportunity to ponder the things on my mind and allow the Spirit to speak to me. It's really hard to do that when others are talking about the mundane things in life.
Brent and I seldom have the opportunity to go to the temple together. However, Brent took the day off today so we did a session together this morning. Fridays are much less crowded than Tuesdays, and there were no chatties today. It was wonderful.
I typically attend a temple session every other Tuesday morning and it's usually quite crowded and the majority of those in attendance are elderly. It amazes me how chatty this older generation is, I would expect these people to be the quiet reverent ones, but they're not. My generation may be the ones who need to be reminded to turn off the cell phones upon entering the temple, but we're not the ones who need to be told to be quiet.
On one occasion, as I sat in the veil room awaiting my turn, I was forced to listen to three little and very old ladies discuss their homemade jam and the best places to get berries.
A week ago, as I sat in the Celestial room, I could not help but hear the "whispered" conversation of a husband and wife. I do not recall the details, but I do remember thinking that it was something they could have discussed on the ride home.
A couple of weeks ago there was a lady that seemed more intent on finding out if certain patrons were related to so and so or knew someone from such and such place than she was on contributing to a quiet and peaceful atmosphere.
I don't like people to talk to me when I'm in the temple. When I go, I look forward to the silence and the peace and the calm. It's an opportunity to ponder the things on my mind and allow the Spirit to speak to me. It's really hard to do that when others are talking about the mundane things in life.
Brent and I seldom have the opportunity to go to the temple together. However, Brent took the day off today so we did a session together this morning. Fridays are much less crowded than Tuesdays, and there were no chatties today. It was wonderful.
Comments
once in the L.A Temple I was sitting in the Celestial room and a group of women stood right behind me and started to Gab, I was sooo frustrated as I was trying to pray and recieve some inspriation. I think they need to post signs!
'If you have a mortal body made of flesh and blood.. please, be reverent so we can listen and feel the SPIRIT"
... but I guess that sign would irreverant in and of itself...