Six Years Ago Today....
...I locked Brooky in the car with the engine running, while parked in the fire lane.
April 7. I was in a rush to get out the door. I had to drop Brittany off at preschool and I was suppose to go visiting teaching. I was late so when I got to the preschool I parked in the fire lane because I was only to be 30 seconds while I ran Brit in. I left Brooky in the car (30 seconds was all it was going be) and locked all the doors except the driver's door and I left the key in the ignition with the engine running because it was really cold. When I came out to get back in the car somehow the driver's door had locked itself. Luckily, we lived only a block away from said preschool so I RAN home (imagine running while 8 1/2 months pregnant) to get a spare key. Then I RAN back to Brooky who was just sitting there, strapped in her carseat drinking milk from her sippy cup.
Here's the link for the post from which the above paragraph comes.
April 7. I was in a rush to get out the door. I had to drop Brittany off at preschool and I was suppose to go visiting teaching. I was late so when I got to the preschool I parked in the fire lane because I was only to be 30 seconds while I ran Brit in. I left Brooky in the car (30 seconds was all it was going be) and locked all the doors except the driver's door and I left the key in the ignition with the engine running because it was really cold. When I came out to get back in the car somehow the driver's door had locked itself. Luckily, we lived only a block away from said preschool so I RAN home (imagine running while 8 1/2 months pregnant) to get a spare key. Then I RAN back to Brooky who was just sitting there, strapped in her carseat drinking milk from her sippy cup.
Here's the link for the post from which the above paragraph comes.
Comments
I too have locked my kiddies in the car. I had put both boys in the car and had thrown my keys on my seat ,next thing I know Aaron shuts the door and locks it. He is only two at the time and thought it was soo funny! I tried every thing I could think of to get him to unlock it. I finally had to call a police officer to get the car open. It was a very long day!