Zapped!

I hate Spring. Oh, I love what it means, that Winter is on it's way out and Summer is just around the corner but other than that, I really don't like it. I hate it because it is ALWAYS accompanied by allergies. Those allergies are really kicking my butt this year. I can't hardly function, hence the title of this post. My energy levels are pretty much in the toilet. Oh, how I miss Spring in Nova Scotia when I didn't have to deal with this crap.

My biggest problem is that allergy medications don't work for me. At least, the ones that don't make me sleepy don't work. The ones that do work are the ones that knock me out. And I don't mean for just a couple of hours, I'm talkin' days. For example, last Monday I took some good stuff, my symptoms were completely gone. I was also snowed until Wednesday night. Not kidding. I can't handle walking around in a drug-induced haze for days on end so I've decided to just suffer. Problem with that is that I don't sleep as well as night because I can't breath. But I'll take tired over lingering chemicals.

Last night, Damon had an issue at just before 2 a.m. After he settled back down, I couldn't. Couldn't breath. After tossing and turning for more than an hour, I slept sitting up on the couch. I slept good once I fell asleep, but the sleep wasn't long enough, even after sleeping in for an extra hour. I had to take a nap this afternoon.

So, if you see me or talk to me and I seem a little extra mean and bitchy, this is why. If you'd prefer to just avoid me until mid-late June, I'll understand.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry about your allergies!! Hope it gets better SOON and you have better days! Let me know if you need anything....

Megan
Lis Drage said…
People are sneezing here too Tami. Some years are worse than others. But everyone is allergic to different things in different places. James and Chris were in florida and driving home , they went through Georgia. James called me and sounded like he was dying and said "If we ever move to the states, it WON"T be to Georgia!!!" From the time they drove across the florida/georgia border until almost all the way to N Carolina, he sneezed with itchy watery eyes, so bad that Chris had to drive some of the way. By the time he got home, he was fine again. Weird. Hope you find something that works for you. I take the drowsy stuff at night so I sleep hard, and symptom free, and then suffer through the days. Not fun.
Christy Jones said…
Man that SUCKS!! Ryan has allergies too! He just stays in his cave all spring and summer.
The Full Nelson said…
I am lucky to have never experienced bad allergies. I hope that you don't suffer too badly and make it through to June!
Tarbet Times said…
Allergies never crossed my mind when I was blogging about spring. I feel guilty that I was whinning about the weather.
Kristi Drennan said…
AMEN AMEN AMEN and then some more of dem AMEN's! Except I get 'em all year. And I too have the issue of nothing working except the drowsy stuff. Feel for you friend.
Anonymous said…
I have had a sinus cold for two weeks and can relate, but I really don't have allergies. Colin does though and so I know how bad he suffers; I feel for you! Worst thing is that I think he has passed his allergies on to our kiddies! Have you tried a nettie pot? It's weird but helps! Hope you feel better sooner than later!
Stacey Irwin said…
that sucks! Is there nothing you can use?? I'd hate it too if I suffered like that too!
Hope you survive! good luck! Ugh.. I'd be ornery too!
Nettie pot, nettie pot, nettie pot. Really is weird, but really does help. It certainly doesn't cure them, but helps. I'm lucky. My allergies are really minimal in Idaho...they get really bad when I visit Utah. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House