Do I Get it Back?
Damon has been complaining of a stomachache on and off for a about a month. I took him to the doctor yesterday to try to get some answers. His physical exam was completely normal so Doc ordered some labs. Damon knew he was going to have some blood work done this afternoon and he seemed to be looking forward to it, so I was pretty sure he didn't know what that meant. At lunchtime I asked him and he asked if they were going to use a needle. I said yes and he suddenly wasn't quite so excited. But there were no tears and no complaining and no resistance.
At the lab, Damon sat on my lap and watched the tech. I expected screams and tantrums but he didn't make a peep. I was very impressed. Afterward he had some questions and asked how they were going to find out what was making his belly hurt. I told him they were going to test his blood. He asked how and I said they'd use a machine. Then he thought and asked, "Did they take blood out of me?" (He watched the entire process.) I told him yes. A look of concern crossed his face and he asked, "Are they going to give it back?"
At the lab, Damon sat on my lap and watched the tech. I expected screams and tantrums but he didn't make a peep. I was very impressed. Afterward he had some questions and asked how they were going to find out what was making his belly hurt. I told him they were going to test his blood. He asked how and I said they'd use a machine. Then he thought and asked, "Did they take blood out of me?" (He watched the entire process.) I told him yes. A look of concern crossed his face and he asked, "Are they going to give it back?"
Comments
As for the blood draw, amazing, brave and funny little boy!