I've Been Recruited

A friend of mine called last night saying her Wasatch Back team was in need of a replacement runner and was wondering if I was interested. I've run this race the past 3 years and I love it but I decided to take the year off this year, for various reasons, I'll spare you the details. Actually, I decided to take the year off from all competition mostly because I've pretty much done everything I've wanted to do and my heart just isn't into racing right now. I also thought it would be good to just focus on my family for the summer, rather than having our family plans revolve around my race schedule. But...I caved! I committed and I'm running this weekend. And I'm lucky I have such a supportive husband who is okay with last-minute plans like this.

I've been running my regular schedule each week, but my focus is on maintaining fitness and strength. Not increasing speed. So, although I know I have the endurance for my distances, the pace will not be there this year. I've been assured this doesn't matter.

So here I go again. Logan to Park City.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go luck!
Tarbet Times said…
Good for you. I think you should be able to do one occasionally. Make sure you keep open for the tour de cure next year. I've already warned Britt.
Stacey Irwin said…
GO you!!!! wish you the best of luck! Think of it as "Fun Run" I'm sure your pace will be great! Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away