Overscheduled!

I love summer and I love having my kids at home but I am not loving things right now. We are way too busy. I've never really been one to overschedule but I've done it this year. And I swear I'll never do it again. These last two weeks have been hell. I am practically living in my car as I am constantly running the kids to this game or that class. We're not hardly home at all, other than a half hour here and there. I don't have time to cook dinner, we eat sandwiches while we're driving. I don't have time to start projects because I can't finish them. My yard has been neglected and the weeds are taking over. I did, however, take the time to write this post because I really needed to gripe. I'm much grouchier than usual and my patience with my kids runs out much quicker than it should because that's what happens when you spend hours a day in the car with your kids.

I cannot tell you how tired I am of softball/baseball games. Damon's games ended last week and the girls will be done next week. I cannot wait! We are almost finished with the first session of swimming lessons but then we begin another session next week. I really feel that it's important, if not essential, for kids
to develop good swimming skills and know how to be safe and comfortable in the water. So these lessons are a sacrifice of my time I'm totally willing to make. The kids are involved in some other things that we will not do again just because of how busy and complicated it makes life. What ever happened to the lazy days of summer?

Comments

The Super Seven said…
I feel you......we are at the soccer fields 3-4 nights a week for the whole summer. The pool is closed until the 10th for it's annual clean and then we'll be trying to get there just to get out and cooled off. I could be lazy easily but my kids don't quite get that yet.....hope things slow down for you soon and you can relax a little....
Anonymous said…
Amen Sista! I am going to copy and paste this post somewhere so when my kids are old enough to be in a billion things I remember to say no and be lazy!
Christy Jones said…
Did that last summer, not doing it again!! Hope you survive!
Jodie Pinsent said…
I understand! My kids didn't want to play soccer this year and I was so happy. I feel so much less crazy than I did last year. Don is always at the waterfront so I am on my own but at least not running to stuff. Swimming doesn't start until fall...btw, thanks for the cute bday card!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House