A Recipe You Must Try!
My good friend Jodie, along with her cousin, has a recipe blog. It's fabulous! If you haven't checked it out, you need to. It's on my sidebar under "What's Cookin'?"
A couple weeks ago Jodie posted a recipe for homemade baked macaroni and cheese. I've been meaning to try it and finally got around to doing that today. It was delicious. I'm not gonna post the recipe here, because you can find it HERE.
Unlike myself, Jodie is not one to cut corners with ingredients. I did make some substitutions, I used fat free sour cream and cottage cheese, reduced fat Parmesan, and I didn't use the full amount of cheddar. The finished product was still wonderful! My kids couldn't wrap their minds around the concept of homemade mac and cheese. They kept asking questions like, "Did you use the stuff in the box?" "Did this come from a box?" "Did you buy it at the store?" "How did you make this?"
A couple weeks ago Jodie posted a recipe for homemade baked macaroni and cheese. I've been meaning to try it and finally got around to doing that today. It was delicious. I'm not gonna post the recipe here, because you can find it HERE.
Unlike myself, Jodie is not one to cut corners with ingredients. I did make some substitutions, I used fat free sour cream and cottage cheese, reduced fat Parmesan, and I didn't use the full amount of cheddar. The finished product was still wonderful! My kids couldn't wrap their minds around the concept of homemade mac and cheese. They kept asking questions like, "Did you use the stuff in the box?" "Did this come from a box?" "Did you buy it at the store?" "How did you make this?"
Comments