Careers
The other day Damon asked, "Mom, you know how you used to be a nurse, right?"
Me: "Yes, but I still am a nurse (I keep my license current)."
Damon: "Well, how come you don't do your job anymore?"
I tried explaining that my "job" was my kids and and my home. He had a hard time processing that.
*******
I'm in the process of building something right now. Not telling what, I'll post pictures when I'm done, probably early next week. But as I began this project, Brooklyn asked, "Mom, are you a carpenter?"
Me: "No, I'm just a mom."
Brooklyn: "But you build things with wood and that's what carpenters do."
Me: "I'm not a carpenter, I'm a mom. Do you think I should have been a carpenter?"
Brooklyn: "Yes!"
Me: "Then who would be your mom?"
Brooklyn: "Daddy!"
Me: "Yes, but I still am a nurse (I keep my license current)."
Damon: "Well, how come you don't do your job anymore?"
I tried explaining that my "job" was my kids and and my home. He had a hard time processing that.
*******
I'm in the process of building something right now. Not telling what, I'll post pictures when I'm done, probably early next week. But as I began this project, Brooklyn asked, "Mom, are you a carpenter?"
Me: "No, I'm just a mom."
Brooklyn: "But you build things with wood and that's what carpenters do."
Me: "I'm not a carpenter, I'm a mom. Do you think I should have been a carpenter?"
Brooklyn: "Yes!"
Me: "Then who would be your mom?"
Brooklyn: "Daddy!"
Comments