Latest Projects

I had every intention of putting this post up two weeks ago, but I ran into some hiccups with these cabinets and it ended up taking longer than expected. That said, this is what has occupied my time lately:

This one was first and it's home is in the family room in the basement.


I needed something in which to store board games because this closet system wasn't working for us.

This is so much better.



I've always wanted some kind of side board or buffet or something in my kitchen. I've looked around here and there and never found what I had in mind. So I made my own design. I wanted it to be a certain size because I have specific odd-sized items I wanted to be able to put in it.

Just for fun, Brooky and I decided to paint the insides of the drawers pink.



I had so much fun making these, I'm trying to think of something else to make, or rather, I'm trying to come up with an excuse to make something else.

I do need to acknowledge my extremely patient husband. When I do big building projects like this, I park my car in the driveway and turn my side of the garage into a workshop. Brent never complains about the mess or the saw dust, even when it gets on his car. He never rolls his eyes (at least that I can see) and asks how much longer I'm going to be. His only request was that I please don't get paint on his car.

Comments

Brittany said…
I like the shelves too. I think that it's funny that so far we've stored the games in three places already. It looks really nice too.
Christy Jones said…
color me impressed!!! Did you teach yourself how to build those? I Love how they turned out! I especially love the pink drawers!
Christy Jones said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said…
Yes, Christy. Had it all in my head how I wanted them to turn out and I just made it up as I went along.
Julie and Nate said…
Impressive! I think you should build a changing table for your baby next. I'm sure it would be amazing.
Anonymous said…
I can't believe that you made those; you did an awesome job! Now I really wish you lived closer; the things that you could teach me to do! I only wish that I had your motivation!!!
Stacey Irwin said…
Pregnant and building?! Holy cow!
I love them! I can't believe you made it up as you went along!!
I love the pink drawers how fun!
you really are amazing!! feel free to come build a few for me at my house, I suffer from board game overload too!
Go you!!!
Kristi Drennan said…
Well lookie you just being a builder of furniture. I love that!
Tamara Moses said…
Wow, that's awesome Tami! You should check out this website. www.knockoffwood.blogspot.com There's a really nice changetable system on there, I've been comtemplating. Great job. You're an inspiration.
Anonymous said…
How about something for the new baby? You got a head start with the pink drawers....I love both of them....changing table with shelves underneath for baby stuff-books etc....or a rocking crib?? You are amazing my friend! Love Kathy

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away