Jackson Hole 2010
Brent and I had the opportunity to run away to Jackson Hole a couple of weekends ago. We left the kids in Ogden with Brent's brother's family on Thursday afternoon and we took off until Sunday. We had a great time and didn't have much of an agenda when we left but we managed to find stuff to do to keep busy for the weekend.
We actually stayed in Teton Village, which is about 20 minutes from Jackson. We arrived late Thursday night, at 10:30 and if we'd have been 30 minutes later, we wouldn't have been able to check into our hotel, as the front desk closes at 11:00.
Friday morning Brent opted to sleep in so I got up and went for a run. Brent was still sleeping after I got back and showered and got dressed and I got tired of waiting so I went wandering. When Brent finally got up, it was a little late for breakfast so we had an early lunch. After lunch we took the aerial tram up to the Top of the World. It was an elevation gain of about 6000 feet in 12 minutes. The view was breathtaking. It was really windy at the top, like 10-20 mph winds and I couldn't believe the change in temperature. I was wearing a sweater and I was still cold, such a difference from the bottom of the mountain.


Friday afternoon we had reservations to go whitewater rafting. We rafted down the Snake River for about 8 miles then had a BBQ on the bank. We had a good time with that, despite the cold water. I'm pretty sure at least two of our kids would enjoy that experience so we're hoping to head to Jackson next summer for a family vacation. If anyone wants to come along to help babysit the new addition, let me know.
On Saturday we decided to do some mountain biking. We rented mountains bikes and took the lift up the mountain and very cautiously and slowly made our way back down. I learned that, despite what I thought previous to this experience, I am not, nor will I ever be, a mountain biker. I just don't have enough dare-devil in me. We went down the mountain several times then opted for something a little less scary. There is a bike path from Teton Village towards Jackson so we headed for that. We came upon a herd of cows at one point and Brent insisted on taking a picture of me standing in front of them. I never did figure this out, it's not like we don't have cows in Utah. (And I know, I look like a dork in my helmet. But at least I wear one.)

After a 13-mile round trip, we decided to do a couple more runs down the mountain and then we called it quits. I'm really impressed with the bikers than can ride those narrow, rocky, curvy trails and get so much air from the jumps. That will never be me.
For dinner on Saturday, we found this little hole-in-the-wall Mexican joint that had really good reviews. We decided we'd try it out. I had to pretend it wasn't as run-down and dumpy as it looked but the food was actually really good. After dinner we did a little more wandering around Teton Village, got some souvenirs for the kids and headed back to our hotel to be lazy for the rest of the evening.
We had a very busy and active weekend but it was somehow relaxing at the same time. I love going on trips with my husband, especially when we don't really plan anything and we just do what we want.
We actually stayed in Teton Village, which is about 20 minutes from Jackson. We arrived late Thursday night, at 10:30 and if we'd have been 30 minutes later, we wouldn't have been able to check into our hotel, as the front desk closes at 11:00.
Friday morning Brent opted to sleep in so I got up and went for a run. Brent was still sleeping after I got back and showered and got dressed and I got tired of waiting so I went wandering. When Brent finally got up, it was a little late for breakfast so we had an early lunch. After lunch we took the aerial tram up to the Top of the World. It was an elevation gain of about 6000 feet in 12 minutes. The view was breathtaking. It was really windy at the top, like 10-20 mph winds and I couldn't believe the change in temperature. I was wearing a sweater and I was still cold, such a difference from the bottom of the mountain.


Friday afternoon we had reservations to go whitewater rafting. We rafted down the Snake River for about 8 miles then had a BBQ on the bank. We had a good time with that, despite the cold water. I'm pretty sure at least two of our kids would enjoy that experience so we're hoping to head to Jackson next summer for a family vacation. If anyone wants to come along to help babysit the new addition, let me know.
On Saturday we decided to do some mountain biking. We rented mountains bikes and took the lift up the mountain and very cautiously and slowly made our way back down. I learned that, despite what I thought previous to this experience, I am not, nor will I ever be, a mountain biker. I just don't have enough dare-devil in me. We went down the mountain several times then opted for something a little less scary. There is a bike path from Teton Village towards Jackson so we headed for that. We came upon a herd of cows at one point and Brent insisted on taking a picture of me standing in front of them. I never did figure this out, it's not like we don't have cows in Utah. (And I know, I look like a dork in my helmet. But at least I wear one.)

After a 13-mile round trip, we decided to do a couple more runs down the mountain and then we called it quits. I'm really impressed with the bikers than can ride those narrow, rocky, curvy trails and get so much air from the jumps. That will never be me.
For dinner on Saturday, we found this little hole-in-the-wall Mexican joint that had really good reviews. We decided we'd try it out. I had to pretend it wasn't as run-down and dumpy as it looked but the food was actually really good. After dinner we did a little more wandering around Teton Village, got some souvenirs for the kids and headed back to our hotel to be lazy for the rest of the evening.
We had a very busy and active weekend but it was somehow relaxing at the same time. I love going on trips with my husband, especially when we don't really plan anything and we just do what we want.
Comments