Some Q & A
With the announcement of this pregnancy, I've had, as one might expect, some questions come my way. I thought I'd post some of them along with the answers.
How are you feeling?
I feel great, now that my first trimester is a thing of the past. I've got my energy back and I feel pretty normal other than this bulge that sticks out in front of me and I've some issues with my hips but I think that situation is improving.
Why did you keep this baby a secret for so long?
Because that's just what I do. I don't like announcing my pregnancies sooner than I have to. And I love the fact that it was a secret until we knew what we were having, makes it so much more fun for me. As a side note, we spilled the beans about this baby much earlier than we did with Damon. Click here for that post.
Are you still running?/Didn't you just run a big race?
Of course I'm still running. I won't stop unless I have to but I have definitely slowed down...a lot. I'm doing my best to maintain my fitness and endurance and trying not to gain more weight than what's necessary, hoping that I'll bounce back faster after baby gets here.
In case anyone wonders, my hip issues have nothing to do with running, it's a completely separate issue.
Yes, I ran the Wasatch Back in June. I was about 15 1/2 weeks along at that point. I didn't have any trouble with the mileage or the course other than being slower than in the past.
Did you get rid of all your baby stuff?
Yup. Sure did. We are starting from scratch, I've got nothing. But that's okay, it's gonna be so much fun shopping for everything that we need. The girls are way excited to head out and spend money. (And NO, I'm NOT having a baby shower!)
Do you have a name picked out?
No. And when we do pick one, we'll keep it to ourselves until baby makes her debut, cuz that's just how we roll. The kids are offering suggestions (I'll post their ideas another time) and Damon is holding tight to "Fluffy".
And finally, for the big one that everyone is wondering and a few have asked: Was this planned?
The answer will probably surprise many, as I swore up and down, right and left that I wouldn't do this again. But, YES, this baby was 100% planned. The story is a long one, as was the decision-making process. I'll just say that I've had multiple experiences (Some of them too special to share. You understand, right?) that have lead me to realize that our family wasn't complete, somebody was missing.
Although Damon still wants a brother, he seems to have come to terms with the idea of another girl in the house. He is most anxious to feel baby kick but hasn't been lucky enough yet despite the numerous times throughout the day he puts his hand on my belly...or his ear...not sure what his goal is there.
How are you feeling?
I feel great, now that my first trimester is a thing of the past. I've got my energy back and I feel pretty normal other than this bulge that sticks out in front of me and I've some issues with my hips but I think that situation is improving.
Why did you keep this baby a secret for so long?
Because that's just what I do. I don't like announcing my pregnancies sooner than I have to. And I love the fact that it was a secret until we knew what we were having, makes it so much more fun for me. As a side note, we spilled the beans about this baby much earlier than we did with Damon. Click here for that post.
Are you still running?/Didn't you just run a big race?
Of course I'm still running. I won't stop unless I have to but I have definitely slowed down...a lot. I'm doing my best to maintain my fitness and endurance and trying not to gain more weight than what's necessary, hoping that I'll bounce back faster after baby gets here.
In case anyone wonders, my hip issues have nothing to do with running, it's a completely separate issue.
Yes, I ran the Wasatch Back in June. I was about 15 1/2 weeks along at that point. I didn't have any trouble with the mileage or the course other than being slower than in the past.
Did you get rid of all your baby stuff?
Yup. Sure did. We are starting from scratch, I've got nothing. But that's okay, it's gonna be so much fun shopping for everything that we need. The girls are way excited to head out and spend money. (And NO, I'm NOT having a baby shower!)
Do you have a name picked out?
No. And when we do pick one, we'll keep it to ourselves until baby makes her debut, cuz that's just how we roll. The kids are offering suggestions (I'll post their ideas another time) and Damon is holding tight to "Fluffy".
And finally, for the big one that everyone is wondering and a few have asked: Was this planned?
The answer will probably surprise many, as I swore up and down, right and left that I wouldn't do this again. But, YES, this baby was 100% planned. The story is a long one, as was the decision-making process. I'll just say that I've had multiple experiences (Some of them too special to share. You understand, right?) that have lead me to realize that our family wasn't complete, somebody was missing.
Although Damon still wants a brother, he seems to have come to terms with the idea of another girl in the house. He is most anxious to feel baby kick but hasn't been lucky enough yet despite the numerous times throughout the day he puts his hand on my belly...or his ear...not sure what his goal is there.
Comments
I figured it was planned... and applaud you for Tuning in. It's hard to do when your content not to put your body thru another pregnancy! When we found Cambria was a girl it just clicked for me.. like she should have been in the family sooner. ( I'm slow to listen apperantly.) I'm glad your feeling good and still running! Shopping will be fun! you'll have to post what you'll be doing for a nursery!
I'm so excited for you guys! And cannot wait to see pictures of her.. You should post your cute belly pictures next!! ( or not.. I may make me despise you and all your cute prego-ness~);-)