M.I.A.
I'm still here. This has got to be the longest I've ever gone without posting, two and a half weeks. Either I've been too busy, too lazy, or just haven't been able to think of anything interesting enough to write about. So here's a little update. (Not that it's interesting):
Everybody likes school and we've settled into the school routine. The kids like their teachers and seem to be doing well. Damon has mastered the monkey bars and wants to take Karate, begging for it, and I'm not sold on the idea. Brooklyn is her happy-to-be-here self, loves school and has more friends than she needs. Brittany is obsessed with her grades. Brent and I made a deal with her where we will pay her for getting good grades. She is always so hard-up for cash so she's loving this idea. She gets $10 per "A", $5 per "A-", "B's" are neutral, she gets nothing and owes nothing. "C+" and she loses $5 off her "A" money. Anything "C" and below and she loses $10 off her "A" money. She currently has straight "A's". She has 7 classes so there's the potential for $70 per term. She studies hard for tests and works hard on projects and assignments. I'm very impressed and I hope the cash incentive doesn't lose it's novelty.
Brent has added another year to his age since my last post. We had the opportunity to go away last weekend for his birthday. We went to Wendover, which is about the most boring place one could go (unless you're big into gambling, of course). But that's the kind of weekend we were looking for; to go somewhere and just be lazy and not feel guilty for not seeing the sights and taking in what a new place has to offer. We did go see Jim Gaffigan, the comedian. Very funny guy.
My days are quiet and busy with PTA stuff, building projects, keeping up with things around the house, and trying to squeeze in a couple more trips to the temple before I'm too fat to sit comfortably through a session. I'm almost there. I started a new building project this past week, a dresser/changing table for the baby. I'm in the process of painting right now so I'll post pics when it's all done. It hasn't gone quite as smoothly as I'd hoped, but hopefully it'll turn out. As much as I love to do projects, they are always accompanied by a fair amount of cussing and swearing when the thing doesn't go together as easily in reality as it does in my mind.
I've made a mental list of all we need to acquire before Baby's arrival. Haven't started shopping yet, planning to do that the beginning of October. October will be a busy month. Since Baby is expected to arrive in the midst of my Christmas preparations, those preps will have to be done earlier this year. That's fine, expect it's hard to enjoy Halloween when I'm full-swing into Christmas mode. October is also the month in which I traditionally have my carpets cleaned, take my blinds to be cleaned, and wash all bedding, pillows, curtains, bedspreads, etc., which is pretty good timing for a new baby to arrive.
Everybody likes school and we've settled into the school routine. The kids like their teachers and seem to be doing well. Damon has mastered the monkey bars and wants to take Karate, begging for it, and I'm not sold on the idea. Brooklyn is her happy-to-be-here self, loves school and has more friends than she needs. Brittany is obsessed with her grades. Brent and I made a deal with her where we will pay her for getting good grades. She is always so hard-up for cash so she's loving this idea. She gets $10 per "A", $5 per "A-", "B's" are neutral, she gets nothing and owes nothing. "C+" and she loses $5 off her "A" money. Anything "C" and below and she loses $10 off her "A" money. She currently has straight "A's". She has 7 classes so there's the potential for $70 per term. She studies hard for tests and works hard on projects and assignments. I'm very impressed and I hope the cash incentive doesn't lose it's novelty.
Brent has added another year to his age since my last post. We had the opportunity to go away last weekend for his birthday. We went to Wendover, which is about the most boring place one could go (unless you're big into gambling, of course). But that's the kind of weekend we were looking for; to go somewhere and just be lazy and not feel guilty for not seeing the sights and taking in what a new place has to offer. We did go see Jim Gaffigan, the comedian. Very funny guy.
My days are quiet and busy with PTA stuff, building projects, keeping up with things around the house, and trying to squeeze in a couple more trips to the temple before I'm too fat to sit comfortably through a session. I'm almost there. I started a new building project this past week, a dresser/changing table for the baby. I'm in the process of painting right now so I'll post pics when it's all done. It hasn't gone quite as smoothly as I'd hoped, but hopefully it'll turn out. As much as I love to do projects, they are always accompanied by a fair amount of cussing and swearing when the thing doesn't go together as easily in reality as it does in my mind.
I've made a mental list of all we need to acquire before Baby's arrival. Haven't started shopping yet, planning to do that the beginning of October. October will be a busy month. Since Baby is expected to arrive in the midst of my Christmas preparations, those preps will have to be done earlier this year. That's fine, expect it's hard to enjoy Halloween when I'm full-swing into Christmas mode. October is also the month in which I traditionally have my carpets cleaned, take my blinds to be cleaned, and wash all bedding, pillows, curtains, bedspreads, etc., which is pretty good timing for a new baby to arrive.
Comments
Sounds like you guys are buzzing right a long! I can't wait for Dec to come for you! Good luck with all the to-do! Can't wait to see pics of your baby furniture!