What Do You Recommend?

I'm just about ready to start shopping for this baby. I've been browsing in stores, searching websites, reading reviews and making comparisons. I'm amazed at how much things have changed since Damon came along. Many of you have had babies much more recently than I have so I want to know what products you recommend and what you think I should avoid. Tell me what brand and model you like and if you've had a bad experience with something I want to know that, too. Here's my list for now:

*Infant Car seat - I want narrow and space-saving. I really like the looks of the Baby Trend car seats. Have you used them? Is there something better?

*Brest Pump - I want electric and double. What's good and what's bad?

*Stroller - I want a jogger and I like the one that goes with the car seat I'm eyeing (Baby Trend), but is there something better? I've never used a jogger stroller, do you recommend that or stick with the the traditional kind?

*Anything else you think I should consider or avoid.

Comments

Tarbet Times said…
You need to talk to my girls. Kelsey has the baby trend carseat and jogger. Kara has a jogger. Jessica had a carseat that the handle broke. Kelsey and Jessica both have double electric breast pumps.
Christy Jones said…
I highly recommend the Medela Breast pump,I have a lot of milk when I breast feed and it was great, didn't tear up my nipples and lasted through all three of my kids!! Not sure where they sell it near you but I bought mine at Babys R Us.
Anonymous said…
I have had a single and currently have a double baby trends jogger I have like them. The good thing about getting the jogger with the carseat is that you will be able to use it right away when without it takes about 6 months before the babes is big enough to fit. I have a single medela; it was fine. I haven't pumped with Marley. but a I did a lot with Hunter. Too be honest I really liked my manuel cheapy on from Wal-Mart, but it fit my life style at the time and I had tonnes of milk so it didn't take long to pump a bottle. There are so many things out there! I have had a really hard time finding a stroller that suits everything I would use a stroller for; hence why we have three! Hope you have fun shopping. Good luck!!!
Kristi Drennan said…
I'm thinking the double medela. I've heard it really works well. I'm actually thinking of just renting one for a bit and see if I like it.
The double medela is a must have. It is so easy and convenient. You can also buy the medela breast pump storage containers and pop it in the fridge. Super easy. It's pricey, but you'll love the time it saves. Carseats, I love the Chico brand because you can tighten and loosen the straps so easy with a push of the button! Good luck friend! You're almost due!
Julie and Nate said…
I would get a jogger, but I would get another smaller stroller as well. It's a pain to get a jogger in and out of the car (ours bearly fits in the back w/o taking off the wheels), so it's nice to have something smaller for going places. As far as a pump goes, I have the Ameda double pump. A lot of people say to get Medela, but I personally think you're buying the brand there. They both work equally as well, one just costs a lot less.
Either way, if you want to buy it locally, you can find the best price on the internet then print it out and take it in to Stork's Landing (or the hospital used to do this too... I don't know if they still do, but you could find out easily enough) and they will match the internet price.
I had the Ameda pump, but when I was in the hospital with Brenton, I they had the Medela pump for me to use, and I LOVED it so much better than my own. It was so much NICER on my body :) than the Ameda. I would totally go that way....

Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House