Hell Must Be Freezing Over

A few months ago, out of the blue, Brent asks me if I want to go running with him one night? What?! He doesn't run! I was stunned, but I agreed to go. I thought that would be a one-time thing. I was wrong. It became a weekly thing despite how crappy he said he felt when we finished our 4-mile loop. Now Brent runs with me one morning per week and he has recruited a couple of guys from the neighborhood to run with him at least one evening each week. I'm really grateful for this because I have absolutely no energy or stamina to run at night, I'm exhausted by dinnertime.

But wait, the story gets better.

The other day Brent texted me saying he was gonna run the Ogden half-marathon next May and wanted to know if I wanted to sign up as well. I think my jaw hit floor. This is the guy who, on more than one occasion, has told me how foolish I am to run that kind of distance. I texted back saying I was interested but also asking him if he was sure he wanted to commit to that because 13.1 miles is a lot of miles. He was sure he wanted to do it and some other people from his office were signing up as well so he's got a little extra motivation. He registered both of us. So, as of right now, that's where we're gonna be on May 21 of next year.

Comments

Christy Jones said…
That is so Awesome!! Its so interesting that he chose running. I would have never figured him for doing something like that! I think its neat that he wants to share this with you!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House