Math Genius?

As parents, we like to brag about our kids. Of course we all think our own kid is the smartest, brightest, most talented, etc. I'm pretty sure that line of thinking is a requirement of parenthood. Anyway, just so you know, I'm gonna brag right now so if you don't want to read it, click somewhere else.

I think Damon is going to grow up to be very much left-brained; really good with logic and numbers and problem-solving and that sort of thing. Brittany seems to lean a bit toward the right-brained way of thinking and problem solving, although most things, creative or logical, come fairly easy to her. Brooklyn is as right-brained as one could possibly get.

A week or so ago Damon and I were in the car and he was talking (he jabbers constantly) and he said, "In nine years Brittany will be 20." "I will be 10 in four years." I was very impressed and mentioned this to Brent. He was a little doubtful and said Brittany could have told him that stuff because they have conversations like that all the time. Regardless, I was still proud.

Tonight Damon spotted the indoor/outdoor thermometer I have sitting in the kitchen window and asked about it. I told him what it was and explained that it would tell us how hot or cold it is outside. I told him it was currently 52-degrees. Damon said, "Oh....If you take away two and and add 50 you get 100." Although this is simple math, I was amazed that a six-year old could spout off such a dynamic equation, something with subtraction, addition and double digits all at once. Even Brent was impressed when I told him about this one.

Comments

Stacey Irwin said…
That is impressive! He's a sharp cookie! It kills me that some can be so left brained with out trying. I still count on my fingers..... Go Damon!!
Jackie O'Hearon said…
I'm impressed too!!! You should brag!!! It's a right of motherhood!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away