An Inquiring Mind

Last night I bent over to pick something up off the floor and every time I do that these days, my stomach gets squashed and my skin feels like it's about to split. I made the mistake of saying to Damon, because he was standing right next to me, "Oh Damon, I think my belly is going to crack open." My comment got him thinking and he asked, "How do they get the baby out?" I didn't want to mislead him or give him the wrong idea so I told him that moms have a special spot between their legs where babies come out. He said, "Oh gross." and left the room.

A short while later Damon was back and asked, "Do they have to pull down your pants to get the baby out?" I told him and yes and again he said, "Oh gross!" Then he asked, "Do they have to pull down your underwear, too?" I told him yeah, that too. This time I got a resounding "Awww GROSSS!" and that was the end of the Q & A for the evening.

I suppose I could have told him that moms have an invisible zipper in their bellies that only unzips when a baby is ready to come out, that may have been less traumatic for him. But, I believe kids deserve to be told the truth, they're going to find out the real facts eventually and I'd prefer my kids learn those things at home rather than from friends. Damon has yet to ask how the baby actually got in my tummy. I'm just waiting for that one!

Comments

Oh that is too funny. I don't look forward to these converstions but I too would rather them come from me than a misinformed classmate or something telling him there are invisible zippers...lol.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House