Back to Normal
Things at our house are pretty much back to normal. Although, I suppose "normal" has been redefined because even though everything feels normal to me, my life is very different now than it was a month ago.
Everyone has adjusted well to Maya's arrival and the chaos that comes with a new baby. The transition has been so much smoother than I thought it would be. The big kids adore Maya and can't get enough of her, the novelty has yet to wear off. Maya is a really good baby. She sleeps a lot and mostly only cries when she's hungry. When her belly is full and she's not tired she is content to lay in her crib and stare at the ceiling. I always wonder what it is she is looking at, as her gaze is so intent. I'm sure she can see things I can't.
Maya seems to have established a pretty good nighttime schedule. She usually only wakes once during the night. I had her in a bassinet next to my bed at first but that just wasn't working for us. Maya is kind of a noisy sleeper and every grunt and groan had me on edge. She seemed extra fussy in the bassinet, too. It was like she could sense how close I was and wanted to be held most of the night. After the first week I moved her into her crib in her bedroom. She does much better there. We've only had one really bad night in the nine nights she's been in her own room.
As for me, I feel great. It's so nice not to be pregnant anymore. I feel perfectly normal other than the extra pounds I'm packing. I'm hoping those vacate soon. I'm working on it. I seem to have adjusted well to the baby routine. After a six year break, I was worried it would be a little harder to get used to again. It's nice that the other kids are in school so I can stay home and play house all day with my brand new doll.
As crazy as we all are about this baby, I think Brent is probably Maya's biggest fan.
Everyone has adjusted well to Maya's arrival and the chaos that comes with a new baby. The transition has been so much smoother than I thought it would be. The big kids adore Maya and can't get enough of her, the novelty has yet to wear off. Maya is a really good baby. She sleeps a lot and mostly only cries when she's hungry. When her belly is full and she's not tired she is content to lay in her crib and stare at the ceiling. I always wonder what it is she is looking at, as her gaze is so intent. I'm sure she can see things I can't.
Maya seems to have established a pretty good nighttime schedule. She usually only wakes once during the night. I had her in a bassinet next to my bed at first but that just wasn't working for us. Maya is kind of a noisy sleeper and every grunt and groan had me on edge. She seemed extra fussy in the bassinet, too. It was like she could sense how close I was and wanted to be held most of the night. After the first week I moved her into her crib in her bedroom. She does much better there. We've only had one really bad night in the nine nights she's been in her own room.
As for me, I feel great. It's so nice not to be pregnant anymore. I feel perfectly normal other than the extra pounds I'm packing. I'm hoping those vacate soon. I'm working on it. I seem to have adjusted well to the baby routine. After a six year break, I was worried it would be a little harder to get used to again. It's nice that the other kids are in school so I can stay home and play house all day with my brand new doll.
As crazy as we all are about this baby, I think Brent is probably Maya's biggest fan.
Comments
I'm glad you're all adjusted. Always amazed by what you do! :)
I'm so glad you are all adjusting! Especially YOU! glad you are all enjoying her!