Damon's Gift to Maya

Every year the kids draw names for each other for Christmas. We encourage them to make a gift rather than just running to the store to buy something. This year Damon drew Maya's name and he really wanted to build something for her, with "a hammer and wood and nails." I had no ideas for him and I suggested several other gift ideas but Damon had made up his mind. At long last the idea came to me that at some point Maya would need a place to keep her toys. I asked Damon if he wanted to build a toy box/crate. He liked the idea so we set to work. I cut the wood and he pounded most of the nails (and my thumb once).

Damon did the painting and I just did some touching up when he finished.



And of course, he wanted it to be wrapped.

Maya with her new toy box.

Comments

Christy Jones said…
Very cute! I love the idea of a toy box.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House