St. George 2011
A couple of weekends ago Brent and I took our annual trek down to St. George for running, shopping, eating and relaxing. We left Friday morning and came home Sunday evening. Things were a little different this year than in years past. Brent did the running this time while I stood on the sidelines and played the part of the cheerleader. Brent had really hoped to run the half-marathon but he's been having trouble with his knees so he ran the 5K. He set a personal record, which was his goal. The weather was great, perfect for a race. I was feeling really jealous as I stood there at the finish line. I really wanted to be running. And I probably would have, except we had Maya with us.
After the race, it was lunch and shopping. We always hit the outlets when we're down that way. Sadly for me, I wasn't really in the mood to shop so I came home pretty much empty-handed. Brent, on the other hand, came home with a stash. This is the only time during the entire year he's interested in shopping for clothes and shoes. He got what he needs and he'll be set until next year.
A couple's vacation just isn't quite the same when there is a tag-a-long. However, Maya was really good and she travelled really well. We only had to stop once on the trip down. We got lunch while I fed Maya and we gave her a brake from her car seat. We ended up stopping twice on the way home. I really thought we'd have to stop three or four times each way.
After the race, it was lunch and shopping. We always hit the outlets when we're down that way. Sadly for me, I wasn't really in the mood to shop so I came home pretty much empty-handed. Brent, on the other hand, came home with a stash. This is the only time during the entire year he's interested in shopping for clothes and shoes. He got what he needs and he'll be set until next year.
A couple's vacation just isn't quite the same when there is a tag-a-long. However, Maya was really good and she travelled really well. We only had to stop once on the trip down. We got lunch while I fed Maya and we gave her a brake from her car seat. We ended up stopping twice on the way home. I really thought we'd have to stop three or four times each way.
Comments