Flu?

Have you had the flu yet this year? Do you know anyone who has? We haven't been sick and I don't know anyone that has, although I think the boys next door may have it. Anyway, when I took Maya in for her 2-month check-up two weeks ago, I asked the doc about the flu because I just haven't heard of people being sick. He told me it really hadn't hit yet this year and he'd recently been notified that the flu had just hit pretty hard over in Europe and health practitioners were told to expect it to hit the U.S. in two weeks. Doc was given that info a week before Maya's appointment which means the flu should affecting us here about now.

Flu season is usually considered November through March but this year it may be different. It will likely be a really mild season or a really late season. My plans have been to keep Maya secluded until March, thinking we'd be out of sickliest time of year by then. She went to Sacrament meeting for her baby blessing but other than that she has not been to church. Looks like we may be staying home longer than I thought. Brent and I take turns staying home from church but I was kind of looking forward to having our whole family at church together sooner rather than later.

When I take Maya out in public, like to the store, I keep her completely covered. And I've drilled it into the other kids to wash their hands when they walk in the door and they have to change their shirts after school if they want to play with the baby.

Comments

Tarbet Times said…
I haven't heard of any flu yet either except I got fairly sick last Nov and I never get sick. At work they just barely put out the signs for no visitors under fourteen to be allowed unless they are there for an appointment or surgery. That usually means that the flu has hit.
The Full Nelson said…
I know it's already been here...from what my doctor said anyway, becuase we had to wait for Clara to get her flu shot until she was 6 months old...and now she has a cold and can't get it until she's better. Hopefully it will just be mild.
Anonymous said…
I have heard of people having the Flu here, but we have been lucky! Pretty much everyone Colin works with had it a few weeks ago, but he never got it and credited not getting it to having the flu shot. However my kids have been sick with colds/ear infection/sinus issues since before Christmas. I have never really had to worry about the flu with my babies because they have all been born in the Spring. I think it is better to be safe than sorry!
Kim said…
We had the flu at our house last week! Cole was throwing up on Monday, Braxton on Tuesday. Braxton's throwing up could have been due to his strep throat though. We found out the next day he had strep.... Thankfully our little guy only got a runny nose out of it!
Julie and Nate said…
I think Grandma Suisse had the flu. It really knocked her out for about a month (considering her age though). Other than her I haven't heard of many getting it. You're lucky though because I was ANAL about keeping my kids washed, etc. and she still got bronchiolitis and had to be on oxygen. As hard as it was to balance, we kept her away from church until May. People go to church with nasty bugs because they feel like they have to fulfill their calling (at the expense of everyone's health...)
Stacey Irwin said…
We have had a touch of it here.. but thinking about it.. nothing to bad.

I do the same thing with my new borns, keep them home, keep them covered. Wash hands.. People look at me like I'm crazy, But my babies have never had the flu... so who's crazy now??

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away