Despite my efforts...

...my baby has a cough. I have been so careful about germs, reminding everyone to wash their hands and keep their distance if there is even a small chance they are sick. The kids have to change their shirts after school or they can't hold Maya. She hasn't been to church yet and when we do go out in public, I keep her covered. I wash her blankets and car seat cover more than I probably need to, but if the edge even brushes the cart at Walmart, they go in the laundry when we get home; even though I give my shopping carts a good once (or twice) over with the sani-wipes. If her binkie hits the floor or someone touches the nipple, it gets washed or swapped for a clean one. Where did this cough come from? It's frustrating.

Maya hasn't had a fever or any other symptoms. She's happy and doesn't act like she doesn't feel good. The cough came on over the weekend, probably started Saturday but it was really mild and shallow. Sunday night I felt like it was getting worse. Yesterday I thought it had improved but today it's deeper and more frequent. She's not wheezing or having trouble breathing so I'll just keep an eye on her for now.

Comments

Stacey Irwin said…
well, I think it's safe to say you have taken every precaution possible!!
What are the chances of it being allergy's? I don't know if anything is even starting up in Mar. But that is the only other possibility.
Despite our best efforts, kids get sick! Hopefully it will stay mild and pass quick.
I feel the same way Tami! I feel like Tangled, stuck in a tower for the past six months trying to protect Brynn from germs. I hardly take her out. I'm such a germaphobe in every way and she's had a cold 3x now. But, look on the bright side, if we didn't do anything, our kids might be a lot sicker. Tom's cousin's baby has RSV, was admitted to Primary Children's and flown by life flight because his oxygen levels were so low. He's been in NICU for a week now. So scary. Not to mention expensive. Take care, I'm with you my germaphobe friend. I can't wait for summer!!!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House