Brooky...

Brooklyn is very smart...in her own little way. She is very good at and enjoys Science. She retains things very well and has a good memory. She struggles a bit with addition and subtraction but is surprisingly very good at multiplication. She loves to read and is a good reader, but spelling is not a strong point. Brooky can be a great problem solver and sometimes I am amazed at how well she thinks things through. Other times, I am just baffled at what she doesn't get.

There were two instances within a 10 minute period today that left me in awe. Brent had gone downstairs to run on the treadmill and he called up to me asking for a wrench. Damon and Brooklyn were in the kitchen with me and I sent Damon to the garage to get the wrench. I took it down to Brent and brought it back up when he was finished with it. I went back to the kitchen, wrench in hand, to finish getting lunch for number Two and number Three. Brooklyn saw the wrench and said, "Oh! I thought you said "ranch" but you said "wrench"".

A few minutes later Damon asked for a drink of milk. I asked Brooklyn if she wanted one too. She said yes and I noticed there was an empty glass on the counter by her. I asked if it was hers so I could fill it with milk instead of getting another glass from the cupboard. She said, "Yes, but you should probably rinse it out first out because it had water in it."

Comments

Brittany said…
Ha ha ha! That's really funny but it's not nice to call people air heads.
Jackie O'Hearon said…
Precious...simply precious....good that you save those thoughts. Love your posts.....and you

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House