Another 29th
Yesterday was my 29th (with 4 years experience) birthday. Damon gets a kick out of it when I say I'm 29 and especially when he asks how old I'll be next and I say "29" again.
As always, my family spoiled me. The day was pretty low-key, I really didn't want anything fancy. Brent took the day off work and we went to lunch. When the kids got home from school he took all of them shopping, including Maya, which gave me some peace a quiet for a while. My mom came to visit while they were gone and it was nice to talk with her without the munchkins interrupting and vying for Grandma's attention.
The kids opted to shop at the dollar store and they made Brent wait in the car with Maya. My gift from them was a large bag full of different kinds of candy and a scrub brush. (Brittany said Damon wanted to buy a toilet brush but she convinced him a regular scrub brush would be better.) Brent gave me a power sander. Can't wait for warm enough weather so I can start puttering around my garage with building projects. I've got several in mind.
This morning Brent asked if I wanted a cake. I said no, I just wanted a cookie. A cookie, not necessarily the three dozen cookies he brought home from the store. He also bought a cake, which surprisingly, was pretty good. (I usually think store-bought cakes are not worth the calories.) I'm pretty sure I have the best husband. He spoils me and caters to me and puts up with me, which I'm sure is not an easy thing to do. I'm pretty lucky.
Anyway, here's to another year.






Damon helped me blow out my candles because after he blew out his candles on his birthday he got really upset. He said he forgot to make a wish. I told him he could make a wish on my birthday.
As always, my family spoiled me. The day was pretty low-key, I really didn't want anything fancy. Brent took the day off work and we went to lunch. When the kids got home from school he took all of them shopping, including Maya, which gave me some peace a quiet for a while. My mom came to visit while they were gone and it was nice to talk with her without the munchkins interrupting and vying for Grandma's attention.
The kids opted to shop at the dollar store and they made Brent wait in the car with Maya. My gift from them was a large bag full of different kinds of candy and a scrub brush. (Brittany said Damon wanted to buy a toilet brush but she convinced him a regular scrub brush would be better.) Brent gave me a power sander. Can't wait for warm enough weather so I can start puttering around my garage with building projects. I've got several in mind.
This morning Brent asked if I wanted a cake. I said no, I just wanted a cookie. A cookie, not necessarily the three dozen cookies he brought home from the store. He also bought a cake, which surprisingly, was pretty good. (I usually think store-bought cakes are not worth the calories.) I'm pretty sure I have the best husband. He spoils me and caters to me and puts up with me, which I'm sure is not an easy thing to do. I'm pretty lucky.
Anyway, here's to another year.
Damon helped me blow out my candles because after he blew out his candles on his birthday he got really upset. He said he forgot to make a wish. I told him he could make a wish on my birthday.
Comments