Bad Mom

I left the house at 5:10 this morning to go swimming. I got home at 6:55 and noticed Maya's bedroom door was wide open so I figured she woke up at some point while I was gone and Brent got up with her. I also noticed a bottle sitting on her table so I assumed Brent had fed her and she'd gone back to sleep. Brent was getting ready for work and I asked what time Maya woke up. He said 6:45. A little while later Maya woke up for the day and I figured she was still hungry so I gave her the bottle from her bedroom table. She polished it off and was still hungry, which I thought was strange, she shouldn't still be hungry after a full bottle within an hour. I fixed another bottle and went on with my morning. A couple hours later I started thinking and realized how unlikely it was that Maya had downed half a bottle in 10 minutes when Brent got up with her. (Maya is a lazy eater, it takes her forever to get through a bottle.) I texted Brent and asked if he'd fed her this morning. When he textd back saying no, I realized I'd given my baby the bottle left over from bedtime last night, it was 12 hours old. I felt bad. Gross. I don't leave half-empty bottles in her room, but I forgot to take it with me last night, which is why I thought the bottle was fresh. This is one of those parenting mistakes one probably shouldn't admit to, but I confess, I did it.

Thankfully, Maya didn't seem bothered by the old formula. No upset stomach or anything.

Comments

Julie and Nate said…
Lol - just tonight I opened up the whole milk to fill Kate's sippy cup and smelled something bad. I realized it was the gallon of milk in the fridge. It smelled really bad, but I hadn't even noticed this morning when I filled up her cup. I felt so bad that she'd gone through the whole day with gross milk, but she hadn't seemed to notice either. Ugh, I hate it when things like that happen.
Kristi Drennan said…
I gave Isaiah old milk the other day. Like I didn't realize and when I opened it to re-fill it...it was chunky. I had thought it was a new one...gross!!!! He's fine. But I felt like such a bad Mom!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House