Pink Eye

We have germs at our house. Gross. I'm not sure who is the bigger germ freak right now, me or Brent. Brittany came upstairs around 4:00 this morning complaining that her eyes really hurt. They were really red and one was just about swollen shut. I told her to get a warm washcloth and try to get some sleep and we'd go to the doctor later. At first I told her she could sleep on the couch in the TV room but then Brent reminded me that sometimes Maya sits there, along with the rest of us so maybe that wasn't a good idea. Britt went back to her room. She came back up just before 7:00, as Brent was getting ready to leave for meetings. By this time her eye was swollen shut. She had the look of an oriental. I really wanted to take a picture but she wouldn't let me.

We went to InstaCare this morning and got some eye drops. Britt was told she couldn't go to school until her eyes stopped draining, which would likely be a couple of days. She is less than thrilled about that.

As far as the germ freak thing goes, Brent keeps reminding the kids to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer. I keep telling them not to touch their faces and I made Damon use a spoon to eat his cereal instead of his fingers. (Damon will not eat cereal with milk on it, he eats it dry and, despite my protests, uses his fingers.) I've also gone through the house with sani-wipes and wiped down door knobs, light switches, faucets, railings/banisters, chairs, and anything else I think needs it. There's a giant bottle of Germ-X that has become the centerpiece on my kitchen table for the time being.

I feel bad for Brittany, she's really miserable right now and bored. I kind of won't let her do anything, I'm kind of sequestering her. I'm afraid she'll touch her eyes without realizing it and then touch something that someone else will touch and we'll have an epidemic in our house.

Comments

Oh Tami.. your germ rants make my day. I seriously love them. You also make me way more aware of all the germs out there and I find myself washing my hands even more then regular now hahaha
Stacey Irwin said…
My eyes are raised... and i'm laughing. Not at Brittany cause I've had that and it's TERRIBLE!
But at your germ a phobe thing. Although in case of this pink eye... I don't really blame you.
Ethan eats his cereal the exact same way! what is that?!
Well, happy sterilizing! :-)
Becky said…
Little B got pink eye about 3 weeks ago. It was horrible. Luckily no-one else in our house got it but it was so hard to try to tell a 2 year old not to touch their eye. Hopefully Bitt's clears up faster than his. It was nearly 2 weeks before his stopped draining, and we were using the drops every 4 hours. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away