Really Bad Mom
I'm on a roll. Damon had a doctor's appointment today for his yearly check-up. Maya has had a cough the past few days and it was really bad last night and I could tell she just didn't feel good today so I piggy-backed her onto Damon's appointment. Damon also has had a cough on and off since October. It's never seemed real serious, he'll cough for a few days and then be fine for a couple of weeks and then the cough will come back. Sometimes it comes with a runny nose and sometimes not. He's never had a fever with it, his appetite is good, he sleeps good and has plenty of energy. I was beginning to think it was some sort of allergy.
I mentioned Damon's cough during his check up. Doc asked a few questions and listened to Damon's lungs. After a minute he said, "His lungs really don't sound good." Doc went on to say that he'd call it pneumonia except Damon clearly wasn't sick enough for it to be that. So he said it's bronchitis. So, it's possible my son has had bronchitis for six months. Bad mom! He was just never miserable or complaining enough to warrant a trip to the doctor. Damon is on antibiotics.
Doc asked some questions about Maya and listened to her lungs and determined she has croup. I think it's a fairly mild case, but I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. She is on antibiotics and a steroid.
In addition to the fact that I feel bad that my kids don't feel good, I'm bugged that we've had three sickies this week. I've been anal about germs and hand-washing this winter. I haven't let the kids have their friends inside the house since last fall. I walk around with sani-wipes. I wash things that probably don't really need to be washed. I switch out towels more often than I probably need to. And kids still got sick. I suppose it could be worse. It's been quite a week at our house. What next?!
I mentioned Damon's cough during his check up. Doc asked a few questions and listened to Damon's lungs. After a minute he said, "His lungs really don't sound good." Doc went on to say that he'd call it pneumonia except Damon clearly wasn't sick enough for it to be that. So he said it's bronchitis. So, it's possible my son has had bronchitis for six months. Bad mom! He was just never miserable or complaining enough to warrant a trip to the doctor. Damon is on antibiotics.
Doc asked some questions about Maya and listened to her lungs and determined she has croup. I think it's a fairly mild case, but I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. She is on antibiotics and a steroid.
In addition to the fact that I feel bad that my kids don't feel good, I'm bugged that we've had three sickies this week. I've been anal about germs and hand-washing this winter. I haven't let the kids have their friends inside the house since last fall. I walk around with sani-wipes. I wash things that probably don't really need to be washed. I switch out towels more often than I probably need to. And kids still got sick. I suppose it could be worse. It's been quite a week at our house. What next?!
Comments
Hope everyone starts feeling better!