Blog Books

I finally got around to having my blog printed into books. This is something I decided I would do when I first started blogging. At the end of the first year, I found a company/program that would do what I wanted. (Go to Blurb.com) After spending a few months and hundreds of hours editing and formatting to get the books to look the way I wanted, I found out I could not upload them to the publisher from my laptop due to a bunch of firewalls and other security stuff I don't know anything about. And no, I couldn't disable this stuff. Believe me, I tried!

Anyway, I finally got around to transferring my books and programs and fonts to a different computer so I could upload. But then I decided I wanted to change a bunch of things so I ended up redoing all of the editing. But finally, I have the past three years in print.

The kids love to read my blog and see pictures of themselves on the computer but they've loved having the actual books even more. They've had a lot of fun remembering past events and giggling at the funny stuff. This is why I blog. As much as I enjoy comments from readers and being able to keep friends and family updated on the happenings in our lives, I really blog for my kids and myself.

Comments

Tarbet Times said…
I printed my first year. I didn't do a very good job and I need to get going on this past year but I love having it all in print. It really is my journal.
That's a great idea. I've been thinking about doing something like that too.
Kristi Drennan said…
I have sooo many books I want to make. And on top of that I should do some from my blog too! All in due time I guess. This inspires me to get to it.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House