Good. Bad. REALLY Bad. Good. Much Better.

My title is a description of how my day has gone thus far. Things are just fine now but it's been a rocky day.

My day started just fine, perfectly normal. I got up early, headed down to the basement to lift weights, showered, got dressed, got Brittany out the door to the bus stop. Maya even slept in this morning. Since the baby munchkin was still sleeping, I thought I'd just hop online and check email and check some things on my blog. This is where things got bad. One of my blogging accounts didn't seem to be working. I couldn't get to this blog, the computer wasn't recognizing my account. I played around with things but I couldn't figure out the problem. Then Maya started squawking so I had to go be the mom.

For the following hour, whenever I had a few minutes here and there during the other kids' morning routines, I'd jump back on the computer and try to solve my problem. No luck. And now I was late for fluoride. I herded the kids into the car and headed to the school. This is where things got really bad.

I was flying down the hill off the bench because I was late, and I'll be honest, I really wasn't paying attention to my driving, and there's a cop. She had her lights flashing before my mind even registered she was present or how fast I was driving. I believe a few choice words escaped my lips at that point and Damon asked if the police was coming. I told him yes and he started crying. I guess he thought I was going to jail.

The officer told me I was going 10 over the speed limit and asked for my license, registration and proof of insurance. She went back to her car and returned a couple minutes later and handed me a warning. I told her thank you and promised to be more careful. I was so grateful for her mercy, she most certainly would have been justified in issuing that ticket. I made a mental note to show a little mercy next time somebody does something to me that I don't appreciate. As far as I'm concerned, I didn't care so much about paying the ticket, a one-time $50 or so isn't such a big deal to me. The big deal is what it would do to my car insurance for the next three years. That's where it really adds up.

Anyway, we got through the last fluoride session of the school year then Maya and I went to run some errands and then we went home. Maya took a little catnap and I started fiddling with the computer again. I got on the home computer to see if things worked there and they did so I knew the problem was with my laptop. I tried some online searches to figure out the problem but to no avail. Maya was awake by this time so I cleaned the bathrooms while she had a bottle. Then we packed up the laptop and headed out to see if one of the geeks at Extreme Computers could help me.

It took me a good five minutes to show and explain my problem. The guy helping me listened patiently but I'm sure he was thinking, "What an idiot." After my explanation, he took the mouse and a few clicks (literally!) later, he had the problem fixed. I asked him to show me what he did so I could fix it myself in the future. I offered to pay him and he accepted $5. I told him $5 was a lot cheaper than throwing the computer through the window, which probably would have been my next move.

I'm relieved. I was really worried my blog was gone forever. This is my journal. And now, I'm off to watch Brooklyn perform in a play in her classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House