Opening Ceremony
Brooklyn is playing softball this year and Damon is playing baseball. The Opening Ceremony was held this past Saturday. Providence City has 500 kids registered for these sports this year. The kids gathered by teams and lined the outfield fence. Then each team was called over the PA and the kids ran the bases and high-fived the mayor between third and home.
I used to really hate baseball but it's growing on me. I'm actually looking forward to the kids' games this year. I'm really impressed with Damon's coach, he is very organized and is working a lot on technique with the boys. Damon seems to really enjoy baseball and I really think that once he learns and masters the skills he'll have some real potential, partly because he is a leftie.
Brooky loves to play softball and has a couple of her friends on her team and one of the friend's dad is the coach.
Here are a couple of pictures from Opening Ceremony. (The photographer posted the pictures on his website and has let parents download them for free.)



I used to really hate baseball but it's growing on me. I'm actually looking forward to the kids' games this year. I'm really impressed with Damon's coach, he is very organized and is working a lot on technique with the boys. Damon seems to really enjoy baseball and I really think that once he learns and masters the skills he'll have some real potential, partly because he is a leftie.
Brooky loves to play softball and has a couple of her friends on her team and one of the friend's dad is the coach.
Here are a couple of pictures from Opening Ceremony. (The photographer posted the pictures on his website and has let parents download them for free.)



Comments