Food Challenge: Brent vs Burger

Last weekend Brent and I went to dinner at a local eatery. As we sat waiting for our food we noticed the Wall of Shame/Fame and we inquired about it. This little restaurant occasionally hosts an eating contest. Contestants are given a five pound hamburger (four pounds worth of meat and another pound of fixings and bun) that must be consumed in under 45 minutes.

After viewing the pictures of the burgers, Brent thought this might be something he could conquer. He decided to do a test challenge at home just to see if he could do it before actually entering a contest. Now, my husband can eat A LOT! I personally have never met anyone that can consume more than Brent in one sitting. His family and good friends can vouch for this.

Brent built his burger yesterday, set the timer and dug in. I was MIA so Brooklyn was the photographer.
This beast was 4.1 pounds of meat divided into three patties. A loaf of french bread for the bun, plus cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, ketchup, mustard and who knows what else.

Brent dissected the burger in the beginning, rather than eating it in the traditional way. He ate the first two patties individually and finished them in 29 minutes.

Getting full.
Four cans of Mountain Dew to help wash it down.
Almost there!
He did it. Brent ate the whole thing! His total time was 39 minutes and 33 seconds. Now he knows that if he wanted to, he could enter the contest at the restaurant and come out on top. I asked if he was going to enter. Brent said probably not, he didn't feel too good the rest of the day.

Oh, and if you're wondering, yes, he did throw up after he finished. Brooklyn shared those details with me but I'll spare you.

Comments

Christy Jones said…
I've heard stories from Ryan about Brents amazing eating skills! I can't even comprehend eating that much food! good for him.
Julie and Nate said…
Yeah, I remember the good ol' days of Brent sitting down with 2-3 cans of chili, a box of crackers and a gallon of milk. I think it's cute that Brooky documented the challenge. :)

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House