We Missed the Flight
On Sunday the bishop announced that the angel Moroni would be placed atop the Brigham City temple this week and any interested could go watch the angel fly. I was in charge of playing the organ for Sacrament meeting and was a bit preoccupied with my presets and stops and was only half listening to the announcements. Damon said he wanted to go see the angel and thought the bishop had said Tuesday at noon. I was pretty sure I'd heard Wednesday at noon and Brooky thought it was Wednesday at 11:00.
Since I'm the mom, and since moms are always right (ahem), I told Damon we'd go see the angel on Wednesday. Damon reminded me about the event this morning and we made plans to leave around 11, stop at Maverick for drinks and cookies and head over to Brigham.
As we came out of the canyon and drove toward Main Street and the temple came into view , I saw the angel already standing in his spot. I very apologetically told the kids we'd missed Moroni's flight. Brooky was sure we'd only missed it by an hour and she wasn't too upset. Damon, however, was devastated. I felt so bad. I should have checked the date.
We stopped and took a few pictures and then decided to go find a park and play for a while. As per usual, Brittany opted not to join us on our adventure.

Since I'm the mom, and since moms are always right (ahem), I told Damon we'd go see the angel on Wednesday. Damon reminded me about the event this morning and we made plans to leave around 11, stop at Maverick for drinks and cookies and head over to Brigham.
As we came out of the canyon and drove toward Main Street and the temple came into view , I saw the angel already standing in his spot. I very apologetically told the kids we'd missed Moroni's flight. Brooky was sure we'd only missed it by an hour and she wasn't too upset. Damon, however, was devastated. I felt so bad. I should have checked the date.
We stopped and took a few pictures and then decided to go find a park and play for a while. As per usual, Brittany opted not to join us on our adventure.
Comments