Lost and Found
We had a little bit of drama at our house yesterday. Ellie ran away and we couldn't find her for about two hours. The dumb dog (or maybe she's actually really smart) long-ago figured out how to let herself out the front door if one of us humans forgets to make sure it latches all the way. Brooky went swimming with a friend yesterday afternoon, Maya and I went to the store, and Brittany was taking a nap so Ellie decided to take off. (Brent and Damon are backpacking.)
It had been about an hour before I realized the beast was missing. Brittany and I started looking and when Brooklyn got home and heard the latest she was devastated. The tears kept coming and I could hear her sobbing and yelling for Ellie a couple blocks away as she searched on her bike. Brooklyn knocked on doors and talked to anyone she saw outside. Nobody had seen our dog.
I called animal control but no dogs matching Ellie's description had been picked up and no reports or complaints had come in.
The girls continued to look while I started dinner and tried to entertain Maya. In her travels, Brittany talked to a neighbor girl who had been told by another neighbor girl that she'd seen Ellie in the yard of new family that recently moved in around the block. Britt went to their house and found Ellie in the backyard sitting under their trampoline with their five-year boy. This boy had seen Ellie and decided he liked her and wanted to keep her. He was trying to train Ellie (to do what, I'm not sure) and claimed he'd also fed her.
We, especially Brooky, were glad to have our four-legged family member back.
It had been about an hour before I realized the beast was missing. Brittany and I started looking and when Brooklyn got home and heard the latest she was devastated. The tears kept coming and I could hear her sobbing and yelling for Ellie a couple blocks away as she searched on her bike. Brooklyn knocked on doors and talked to anyone she saw outside. Nobody had seen our dog.
I called animal control but no dogs matching Ellie's description had been picked up and no reports or complaints had come in.
The girls continued to look while I started dinner and tried to entertain Maya. In her travels, Brittany talked to a neighbor girl who had been told by another neighbor girl that she'd seen Ellie in the yard of new family that recently moved in around the block. Britt went to their house and found Ellie in the backyard sitting under their trampoline with their five-year boy. This boy had seen Ellie and decided he liked her and wanted to keep her. He was trying to train Ellie (to do what, I'm not sure) and claimed he'd also fed her.
We, especially Brooky, were glad to have our four-legged family member back.
Comments