When Things Don't Work...
...it makes me mad. I've to come to realize this past week how dependant I am on these things we have that are supposed to make life easier. I've come to realize how frustrating life can get when things don't work. I've also come to realize how spoiled we, as a people, are.
First of all, for the past month (or more) Blogger (or my computer) has been dumb and hasn't worked quite right. Very irritating when I have to sign-in with my user name and password EVERY time I want to do ANYTHING. I think that issue may be resolved (hopefully!), so thank you to whomever waved their magic wand and fixed that for me.
Secondly, our dishwasher died on Sunday. The piece-o-crap has had it, and so have I. It's only three years old, it should have lasted much longer but we've had one problem after another. Said problems began 18 months after buying the stupid thing. Don't ever, ever, EVER buy a Frigidaire. It's the worst brand out there and that's not just my opinion. The fix-it guy that came a year and half ago told me that and so did the sales people at Lowes and Home Depot. Wish somebody would have told me that before I bought the damn thing.
I told the kids they were responsible for washing their own dishes so they should use as few as possible. Damon and Brooklyn were excited to wash by hand, as it's something they've never had to do. That novelty wore off real quick for Damon.
After a trip to Lowes, we'll be getting our new dishwasher on Friday morning. As glad as I am for a new dishwasher that will get the job done properly, it was not how I wanted to spend $700+ this week.
Thirdly, my cell phone pulled some funny business on me the other night. I could make calls, send texts, receive some texts, but I couldn't receive any calls. I was really bugged as I went to bed Monday night, knowing that I was going to have to either spend a hundred hours on the phone with customer service and technical support or make a trip to the Verizon store the next day. Well, the cell phone fairy came to visit that night while I was sleeping and fixed the problem, whatever it was.
Bad things come in threes, right? So I should be okay for a while.
First of all, for the past month (or more) Blogger (or my computer) has been dumb and hasn't worked quite right. Very irritating when I have to sign-in with my user name and password EVERY time I want to do ANYTHING. I think that issue may be resolved (hopefully!), so thank you to whomever waved their magic wand and fixed that for me.
Secondly, our dishwasher died on Sunday. The piece-o-crap has had it, and so have I. It's only three years old, it should have lasted much longer but we've had one problem after another. Said problems began 18 months after buying the stupid thing. Don't ever, ever, EVER buy a Frigidaire. It's the worst brand out there and that's not just my opinion. The fix-it guy that came a year and half ago told me that and so did the sales people at Lowes and Home Depot. Wish somebody would have told me that before I bought the damn thing.
I told the kids they were responsible for washing their own dishes so they should use as few as possible. Damon and Brooklyn were excited to wash by hand, as it's something they've never had to do. That novelty wore off real quick for Damon.
After a trip to Lowes, we'll be getting our new dishwasher on Friday morning. As glad as I am for a new dishwasher that will get the job done properly, it was not how I wanted to spend $700+ this week.
Thirdly, my cell phone pulled some funny business on me the other night. I could make calls, send texts, receive some texts, but I couldn't receive any calls. I was really bugged as I went to bed Monday night, knowing that I was going to have to either spend a hundred hours on the phone with customer service and technical support or make a trip to the Verizon store the next day. Well, the cell phone fairy came to visit that night while I was sleeping and fixed the problem, whatever it was.
Bad things come in threes, right? So I should be okay for a while.
Comments