When You Think You Know Someone...
...and then it turns out you don't. It's always surprising to think you know somebody really, really well and then you learn something about that person and it kind of sends you for a loop. It's even more surprising when that person is yourself.
I've know myself for a long time, 33 years (even though I'm only 29 years old). I thought I knew everything there was to know about myself. But yesterday I learned something new. Due to the personal nature of my newly acquired information, I'll not go into detail, but I will say that sometimes the Lord has an interesting way of teaching me things.
I've had a choice staring me in the face for quite some time now. It was a decision that needed to be made and for some reason I've had a really intense sense of urgency to get that choice made. This was one of those things where there were ONLY two choices. Yes or no. That's it. Nothing in between. Either do it or don't. Neither option felt right. I knew what I wanted but I wasn't sure that was the path to take. After LOTS of pondering (the issue was consuming my thoughts) and a few sessions of pleading on my knees, mixed with a few tears, I finally feel at peace. I did get the answer I was hoping for, but it came after the Lord put some thoughts in my mind. Those thoughts were my new information about myself.
I've set some new goals for myself and I have a new outlook on certain aspects of my life. I feel at peace now but I suppose I'm a little cautiously pessimistic. I hope God doesn't change His mind.
I've know myself for a long time, 33 years (even though I'm only 29 years old). I thought I knew everything there was to know about myself. But yesterday I learned something new. Due to the personal nature of my newly acquired information, I'll not go into detail, but I will say that sometimes the Lord has an interesting way of teaching me things.
I've had a choice staring me in the face for quite some time now. It was a decision that needed to be made and for some reason I've had a really intense sense of urgency to get that choice made. This was one of those things where there were ONLY two choices. Yes or no. That's it. Nothing in between. Either do it or don't. Neither option felt right. I knew what I wanted but I wasn't sure that was the path to take. After LOTS of pondering (the issue was consuming my thoughts) and a few sessions of pleading on my knees, mixed with a few tears, I finally feel at peace. I did get the answer I was hoping for, but it came after the Lord put some thoughts in my mind. Those thoughts were my new information about myself.
I've set some new goals for myself and I have a new outlook on certain aspects of my life. I feel at peace now but I suppose I'm a little cautiously pessimistic. I hope God doesn't change His mind.
Comments