Hiking the Wellsvilles

Today I went hiking with a group of women. A friend of mine organized a hike up the Wellsville mountains. There were 14 of us that went. We met at Rattlesnake trailhead at the big curve up Sardine canyon and began hiking about 9:30 this morning. The leaves in the canyon are just starting to change, it was so pretty. The sky was blue and clear and we had good weather.

It was almost four and a half miles to the summit of Box Elder peak. It is not an easy hike, it's rocky and steep, gaining over 4000 feet in altitude over four miles. I took pictures but they don't come close to the real beauty we saw today.
South end of Cache Valley.



View of highway through Sardine.


Glimpse of Box Elder county.


Another view of Sardine from a little higher up.

Box Elder county behind me.

Box Elder county and Willard Bay.

At the summit we could see down into both Cache and Box Elder counties. This one is Cache.

Box Elder county from the summit.


We made it back to the cars at 2:55. It was a fun adventure and I'm glad I went. Thanks to Mallory and my mom and also Brittany for watching Maya so I could go.

Comments

Stacey Irwin said…
yay wellsvilles! I did that hike ONCE.. it resulted in a guy breaking his leg at the TOP of the stupid mnt. Had to go get horses to bring him down. we had to run down the whole way... yah... Poor Lou had to stay up there with him. I haven't attempted that one since.. I remember that one being a tough hike. Glad you guys had a good time!
Christy Jones said…
funny thing, The first time I read your blog I thought you said you "Met a rattle snake". It was kinda scary until I realized I read it wrong! I love the veiws from up there. It looks like a fun hike. If we ever visit Utah I might try that one.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House