2011 Races
I have not done a very good job of documenting our races this year. Time for some catch-up.
In January, we headed to St. George as per usual, but there were some differences this year. We had a tag-a-long, Maya came with us and instead of me running, Brent took a turn on the course and I was the cheerleader on the sidelines. I'll admit, I was jealous that I didn't get to run, but Maya was only about 7 weeks old. I was not in shape, to say the least.
Brent originally had his sights set on the half-marathon, but due to his knees giving him trouble, he had to settle for the 5k.



Brent, Brooklyn and Damon did the Panda run in April. The kids ran the 1-miler, Brent the 5k. Not sure what happened in the photography department, but the only picture I've got is of Damon.

May brought the Ogden half-marathon. This one was Brent's idea, he signed us up back in September of last year.



Brent joined me for the Black Smith Fork Freedom Run on July 4. This is a 15k down the canyon and into Hyrum. I try not to focus too much on my time and just have fun with this one. Although I did win 2nd place in my age division.




TOU/2. This race kicked my butt this year. Although I finished with a somewhat respectable time - be it not anywhere near my goal - I do not feel like I conquered. My training went really well through the summer. I set my goals and did everything I needed to do, forcing myself to complete the workouts that were downright miserable. I had high hopes for a PR this year but it didn't happen. I got the flu the weekend before the race and even though I felt fine come race day, I think my recovery in the days leading up to the race zapped all my strength and energy. I hit the wall hard much earlier in the race than I should have and I struggled to push through it and keep going. I felt like crap when I finished. There was no "Runner's High" for me this year.


In January, we headed to St. George as per usual, but there were some differences this year. We had a tag-a-long, Maya came with us and instead of me running, Brent took a turn on the course and I was the cheerleader on the sidelines. I'll admit, I was jealous that I didn't get to run, but Maya was only about 7 weeks old. I was not in shape, to say the least.
Brent originally had his sights set on the half-marathon, but due to his knees giving him trouble, he had to settle for the 5k.



Brent, Brooklyn and Damon did the Panda run in April. The kids ran the 1-miler, Brent the 5k. Not sure what happened in the photography department, but the only picture I've got is of Damon.

May brought the Ogden half-marathon. This one was Brent's idea, he signed us up back in September of last year.



Brent joined me for the Black Smith Fork Freedom Run on July 4. This is a 15k down the canyon and into Hyrum. I try not to focus too much on my time and just have fun with this one. Although I did win 2nd place in my age division.




TOU/2. This race kicked my butt this year. Although I finished with a somewhat respectable time - be it not anywhere near my goal - I do not feel like I conquered. My training went really well through the summer. I set my goals and did everything I needed to do, forcing myself to complete the workouts that were downright miserable. I had high hopes for a PR this year but it didn't happen. I got the flu the weekend before the race and even though I felt fine come race day, I think my recovery in the days leading up to the race zapped all my strength and energy. I hit the wall hard much earlier in the race than I should have and I struggled to push through it and keep going. I felt like crap when I finished. There was no "Runner's High" for me this year.
Comments