A Weekend Get-Away

Brent and I have made it a tradition to run away for a weekend this time each year. We made that happend a couple of weekends ago and this was our third consecutive year doing this. It's a weekend I look forward to with lots of anticipation. Since Brent's birthday is in September, we consider this weekend part of the birthday celebrations.

We had a hard time deciding where to go this year. We have some requirements for our destinations, first and foremost, wherever we go must be within driving distance since neither of us loves to fly and we do love road trips. After much thought and deliberation we decided to go to....wait for it....drum roll.....OREM/PROVO! Yup. That's where we went. We wanted to go somewhere we could be lazy and not feel bad about missing sights or big activities.

I told Brent he needed to determine our itinerary for the weekend since it was for his birthday. He said he wanted go golfing and go-karting.

We had the intent of taking up golf together last summer, since neither of us plays. But, pregnancy got in the way of that so we finally did it this year. We've had one golf lesson and we learned how much we really don't know about the sport. The good thing is, we are learning together, it's a level playing field.

We returned to the course the day after our lesson and played the 7-hole Executive course. I won.


When Brent said he wanted to go go-karting, he really meant it. Not the wimpy little go-karts one sees here and there, nope, we headed to Miller Motorsports in Tooele. Those things go 40mph and they have a timing system and everything. One is required to wear lots of protective gear, just in case. Brent LOVED this and would love to go back sometime. I wish I had gotten a picture of him, but all we got was me.

As we settled into our hotel room upon arrival Thursday afternoon, Brent suggested we do a 10-mile run one morning while we were there. We did that Friday morning and it's a good thing because we did lots of eating on this trip. We also did a fair amount of shopping, more eating, spent some time being lazy and taking naps and did I mention we ate a lot? Perfect weekend.

Comments

Christy Jones said…
looks like so much fun! Its sounds like a great tradition.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away