A Break From Tradition

It's the day after Thanksgiving. That means that I was allowed to put up the Christmas decorations. I did the whole thing in record time this year. And with very little stress and frustration and almost no cursing. This year I decided not to do my Christmas village. I really like the village when it's all said and done but the process of getting to that point is atrocious. It takes hours and hours to put those little houses and people up, to untangle cords, make sure light bulbs work, make sure everything is situated just right, etc, etc. So much stress. So, I just didn't do it. The kids were all a little disappointed, but they'll get over it.

The whole decorating effort took around six hours, including clean up.  With the village, it takes the better part of two full days.  Take-down this year will be a snap!

Comments

Christy Jones said…
How fun, I love setting everything up for Christmas. I am trying really hard to talk Ryan into christmas lights this year since we have a house. He can be such a scrooge!!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House