First Dam Run in the First Damn Snow

I cannot take credit for thinking up the title of this post. A neighbor said those words to me after the race. They were very fitting.

On the first Saturday of November a local running club sponsors a 5k and 10k race from Merlin Olsen Park up to First Dam and back. I've run this race several times and Brent ran it for the first time last year and the second time yesterday. The forecast in the days leading up to Saturday were not favorable and we awoke to snow and cold temperatures Saturday morning, hence the title. But, we were already committed and honestly, I would have gone out running anyway, so to the start line we went.

Brent and I both ran well, Brent shaving a couple of minutes off of last year's time and I, while not achieving a PR, finished first among all the women.

Brent and Doug, who is our neighbor/hometeacher/Brent's workout buddy.
This is a horrible picture of me, but for the sake of posterity, I'm posting it. Me and my trophy. I think it's a polished rock mounted to a piece of wood.
Despite the unpleasant weather, it actually turned out to be pretty good conditions for a race.

Comments

Christy Jones said…
Ha,HA!! Love the title!! I can't believe you have snow already! I am cold just looking at your picture! Oh and you home teacher is your neighbor??? only in Utah!!! Enjoy that one.
Congratulations coming in 1st! Love the new pictures of the family.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House