Halloween - 2011
Halloween was pretty low-key for us this year. I had big plans and had intended to make costumes for myself, Brent, and maybe even Ellie, along with all the kids'. But, I lost my gumption. With the exception of Brooklyn's, costumes were really easy, as we just used things we've used in the past. The only drama surrounded Brooky. This is what happened:
Months ago Brent told Brooklyn she looked like Wednesday Addams (from The Addams Family) and suggested she be Wednesday for Halloween. Brooky thought it was a great idea and has been sold on it ever since. I, however, did not think it was a great idea because her generation has no idea who Wednesday Addams is. So, I didn't do anything in the costume department, hoping she'd change her mind. She didn't.
About a week before Halloween, I asked if she was sure that's what she wanted to be and told her she'd have to explain to everyone who she was. Brooky didn't care. So I ordered a Wednesday costume online. And since it was so late in the game, of course I had to have it sent express so it would get here in time. The costume arrived last Thursday and it did not fit. Way too small. Not enough time to order another one and we had a really busy weekend so finally on Sunday night I got around to making a dress for Wednesday. Of course, I didn't have a pattern so I had to wing it. The dress certainly won't win any awards, but Brooky was pleased with it.

Damon was a vampire and Maya was a Ladybug. Brooklyn and Damon took Maya trick-or-treating to the five houses on our street. They brought Maya home and Brent took them around the rest of the neighborhood and came home with a pretty good haul. Maya and I answered the door and I helped eat her candy. (Okay, I ate ALL of her candy.)

Brittany went Goth and did her candy-begging with her friend so I don't have a picture of her.
Months ago Brent told Brooklyn she looked like Wednesday Addams (from The Addams Family) and suggested she be Wednesday for Halloween. Brooky thought it was a great idea and has been sold on it ever since. I, however, did not think it was a great idea because her generation has no idea who Wednesday Addams is. So, I didn't do anything in the costume department, hoping she'd change her mind. She didn't.
About a week before Halloween, I asked if she was sure that's what she wanted to be and told her she'd have to explain to everyone who she was. Brooky didn't care. So I ordered a Wednesday costume online. And since it was so late in the game, of course I had to have it sent express so it would get here in time. The costume arrived last Thursday and it did not fit. Way too small. Not enough time to order another one and we had a really busy weekend so finally on Sunday night I got around to making a dress for Wednesday. Of course, I didn't have a pattern so I had to wing it. The dress certainly won't win any awards, but Brooky was pleased with it.
Damon was a vampire and Maya was a Ladybug. Brooklyn and Damon took Maya trick-or-treating to the five houses on our street. They brought Maya home and Brent took them around the rest of the neighborhood and came home with a pretty good haul. Maya and I answered the door and I helped eat her candy. (Okay, I ate ALL of her candy.)
Brittany went Goth and did her candy-begging with her friend so I don't have a picture of her.
Comments