Better Late Than Never
Happy New Year!...almost a week late. Oh well...
I'm not one for New Year's resolutions. I don't believe in them. I think I can set a goal and work towards it any time I want. I also think I shouldn't have to or be expected to set goals just because one year has come to a close a another has begun....yada, yada, yada. I've written this soap box before. Sure, I have things I want to do, that I plan to do, but I'm not calling them New Year's Resolutions, or resolutions at all, for that matter.
However, for FHE this past week, Brent talked to the kids about setting and accomplishing goals. Then he asked each person to set at least two goals for this year. We also set some family goals, some things we'd work for as a family. I was thinking I'd list every one's goals here, but then decided that each person may not want those things made quite so public. So I won't. But these are our family goals:
1. Have Family Home Evening every week. (This one is easy for everyone but me. I hate FHE. Maybe I'll explain that in an upcoming post.)
2. Give Ellie a bath every week. (I'm not too optimistic about this one, despite the fact that she needs a bath every week.
3. As a family, run a 5k this summer. The kids were very reluctant to commit to this one, as it means some serious training for them to accomplish this. I hope they'll see it through, though.
I'm not one for New Year's resolutions. I don't believe in them. I think I can set a goal and work towards it any time I want. I also think I shouldn't have to or be expected to set goals just because one year has come to a close a another has begun....yada, yada, yada. I've written this soap box before. Sure, I have things I want to do, that I plan to do, but I'm not calling them New Year's Resolutions, or resolutions at all, for that matter.
However, for FHE this past week, Brent talked to the kids about setting and accomplishing goals. Then he asked each person to set at least two goals for this year. We also set some family goals, some things we'd work for as a family. I was thinking I'd list every one's goals here, but then decided that each person may not want those things made quite so public. So I won't. But these are our family goals:
1. Have Family Home Evening every week. (This one is easy for everyone but me. I hate FHE. Maybe I'll explain that in an upcoming post.)
2. Give Ellie a bath every week. (I'm not too optimistic about this one, despite the fact that she needs a bath every week.
3. As a family, run a 5k this summer. The kids were very reluctant to commit to this one, as it means some serious training for them to accomplish this. I hope they'll see it through, though.
Comments