New Toy
I got a new toy this morning. I'm really excited about it. Wanna know what it is? It's a steam mop.
The other day on facebook, a friend mentioned she was thinking of getting a steam mop and asked for opinions and recommendations. As I read, I thought to myself, steam mop? I'm not sure I know what that is...I wonder if I need one....?
So I did a little research and, yup, I definitely needed one.
Why did I not know of this fabulous vacuum-and-mop-at-the-same-time thingamajig? How did I miss this invention? I don't know the answers to those questions, but I'm so glad I'm on board now.
Maya and I got our new toy out of the box and tried it out and it's AWESOME! My life just got a little bit easier and hopefully, Maya's floor buffet just got a little bit smaller. (I really do try to keep the floor clean, but that kid manages to find things the dog and I miss. And, of course, she's faster than I am so whatever she happens to pick up gets to her mouth before I get to her.)
So, back to the facebook post. The majority of the commenters recommended the Shark steam mop so I went to the store fully intending to purchase that one. However, upon comparing the different brands and features, I decided the Bissell might be better. Although the two both vacuum and mop, the Shark can only do one or that other at a time, not both. The user also must attach the cleaning pad when ready to steam mop because it can not be attached while the vacuum is being used. The Bissell, on the other hand, vacuums and mops at the same time. That was a no-brainer for me. Oh, and as a bonus the Bissell was $35 cheaper.
I sure hope my kids are as excited about this addition to our home, because they'll get plenty of chances to use it.
The other day on facebook, a friend mentioned she was thinking of getting a steam mop and asked for opinions and recommendations. As I read, I thought to myself, steam mop? I'm not sure I know what that is...I wonder if I need one....?
So I did a little research and, yup, I definitely needed one.
Why did I not know of this fabulous vacuum-and-mop-at-the-same-time thingamajig? How did I miss this invention? I don't know the answers to those questions, but I'm so glad I'm on board now.
Maya and I got our new toy out of the box and tried it out and it's AWESOME! My life just got a little bit easier and hopefully, Maya's floor buffet just got a little bit smaller. (I really do try to keep the floor clean, but that kid manages to find things the dog and I miss. And, of course, she's faster than I am so whatever she happens to pick up gets to her mouth before I get to her.)
So, back to the facebook post. The majority of the commenters recommended the Shark steam mop so I went to the store fully intending to purchase that one. However, upon comparing the different brands and features, I decided the Bissell might be better. Although the two both vacuum and mop, the Shark can only do one or that other at a time, not both. The user also must attach the cleaning pad when ready to steam mop because it can not be attached while the vacuum is being used. The Bissell, on the other hand, vacuums and mops at the same time. That was a no-brainer for me. Oh, and as a bonus the Bissell was $35 cheaper.
I sure hope my kids are as excited about this addition to our home, because they'll get plenty of chances to use it.
Comments