Benched

Once again I am sitting on the sidelines due to another injury. I've had plantar fascitis since last fall. I did my best to just ignore it, hoping it would just go away, but it didn't. I finally caved and went to the podiatrist about six weeks ago. The first round of treatment consisted of ice for 15 minutes every day and 600mg of Ibuprofen three times per day, and wearing supportive shoes at all times. That didn't work.

Round two was taping my foot to provide extra support along with a round of oral steroids. The tape was awful, made it feel worse so I quit that after a week. The steroids were great while I was taking them, but a couple days later, I was almost back where I started. Although the pain was not as bad as it had been.

Round three happened yesterday, I had a cortisone shot in my foot. It hurt. As Doc was injecting the steroids, he kept telling me where he was aiming and what he was doing. That made it hurt even more so I said, "You don't need to tell me what you're doing. I don't want to know." My foot is tender but I really hope this takes care of things. Up to this point I was told I could keep running but to limit my mileage and do more cross-training. Now, I'm supposed to stay away from high impact stuff for the better part of two months.

Brent and I did our weight training workout this morning (I should tell you more about that). I always run before or after that workout but today I resigned myself to the spin bike. It was boring and  although I worked up a good sweat and was breathing hard, it was unsatisfying.

Comments

Brittany said…
I would hate that very much. I just jinxed it. Great. :P

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away